8

Alexis' POV

*two days later (Friday November 2nd)*

Today is the day dad and Kim are finally going to explain what is going on with them.

Hailie and Laney are on their way to the house now. I can't wait to see them, I haven't seen them in two weeks. I guess college keeps them busy.

Me and Whitney are playing Mario Kart right now and she is beating me badly. We finish the game and surprise, surprise, I lose.

"That's not fair, I've never played before. You've probably played like a thousand times."

"No, I haven't."

"Yes, you have."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Ye-"

"WILL YOU TWO SHUT UP ALREADY?!" Hailie yells.

We turn our heads to see her and Laney standing at the front door. Whit and I rush to them, hugging them.

"When did you guys get here?" I ask.

"In the middle of your annoying debate" Laney says.

Whitney rolls her eyes.

"Maybe if you roll them back enough, you'll find a brain back there" I state.

Whitney gasps.

"I already have a brain."

"Do not."

"Do too."

"Do not."

"Do too."

"Do not."

"Do t-"

"You guys are doing it again" Hailie and Laney say in unison.

I huff out in annoyance.

Dad and Kim finally decide to bless us with their presence. We all take a seat around the nice, kitchen table.

Dad starts sweet talking, but then I decide to be the lovely person I am and cut him off.

"Stop with the sweet talk, just get to the point. So, that we can all move on with our lives. I have other things to do."

"Watch it. Well, Hailie, Laney, Whitney, your mom and I decided on giving us a third chance. I mean, third time is a charm, right?"

The three girls' mouths are hanging open. I take the opportunity to take a picture of them, in case I need it for blackmail later on.

"Are you guys crazy? Have the last two times you guys dated, shown you nothing?" Hailie asks.

"Hailie, we thought you'd be happy about this. You've always said you wanted us together. So I don't see the problem" Kim says.

"Yea mom, I wanted you guys to be together when I was younger. I thought that I needed my parents to be together to be a family, but I was wrong. I learned to accept that you guys would never work out."

"Hailie, relax, breathe. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. But, at least let us try" dad says.

"Okay. If you guys are happy, then I'm happy."

"Laney, Whitney? How do you guys feel about this?" Kim asks.

"Well, I'm not thrilled mom. But, if you guys want to go for it, then go for it" Whit says. Laney nods her head in agreement.

"Alexis?" Dad asks.

"What? You want my opinion?"

They nod.

"I don't know how this affects me. But, I think you should go for it. I can tell you guys are happy. Dad you've been smiling the last couple of weeks and I think it's because of Kim."

"We appreciate your opinion, Alexis. And of course this effects you. You're part of the family now" Kim says.

I'm starting to really like her.

After we're done in the kitchen, everyone goes their separate ways. I go to the basketball court. Hailie and Laney go to the home theater. Whit goes to the mall with some friends. Dad and Kim go to the studio.

When I'm done with basketball, I go shower and decide to take a nap, afterwards.

I let my droopy eyes finally close.

AN: short, trashy update. 😖