~5 So Beautiful

~Adrien Agreste~

I was waiting in the park, where me and Marinette have been hanging out after school a lot lately, when I got her message.

'Hey Adrien! Sorry I'm late. I ran into an old friend of yours'

I raised an eyebrow. Old friend of mine?

My thoughts were interupted when I heard a scream.

At first I thought it was another akuma attack, but then I saw them.

A hoard of Adrien fans.

The Fragrence ad craze hasn't stopped yet, so I'm still being chased by people.

Which also means that Marinette is getting chased by people too.

"Oh, great,"

"ADRIEN'S HERE!"

"But where's his girlfriend? The girl with the pigtails!"

Before a crowd of people could arrive, I ran as fast as I could and ducked into an alleyway.

"Looks like you've got yourself in a tough situation, kid. You might just be late for your date," Plagg teased, flying out of my jacket.

"Oh, shut up, Plagg." I blushed.

Plagg shrugged. "Don't say I told you so,"

The hoard of fans disappeared down Fifth Avenue, so I pulled a hoodie and sunglasses from my bag and headed back to the park.

As I neared the park, I saw Marinette talking to someone by the fountain.

"Again, sorry, I'm super clumsy."

"Hey, it's no sweat, Marinette. We're friends, right?"

Marinette smiled. "Yeah... yeah, I guess so."

"Hey, uh, did you see Juleka earlier? My mom hasn't seen her since this morning."

My shoulders tense. Wait a second...

"Oh. I..." Marinette trailed off, and I could sense she was trying her best not to be upset.

I walked over to her, putting a hand on her shoulder. "Hey Mari! Sorry, I ran into some paparazzi- oh!"

Luka stood awkwardly in front of us, a guitar on his back.

So that's who she was talking to.

"Hi Luka! Long time, no see, right?" I laughed.

Luka smiled sheepishly. "Good to see ya. Are, uh, you two here together?"

Me and Marinette froze, red in the face.

"Oh, uh, yeah, Adrien and I are hanging out today, nothing suspicious about that ha ha ha..." Marinette rambled.

"Yeah, not like anythings happening. Just friends!"

"Yeah, just friends! Heh..."

Me and Marinette both sighed, and I wished we were more then that, unaware that Marinette was thinking the same thing...

I could see Luka smiling. "Sure. Anyway, it was nice runnng into you two. Are you sure you haven't seen Juleka at all lately?"

Marinette bowed her head. "We haven't talked lately. Actually, none of my friends, other then Adrian, are talking to me."

Luka looked ashamed. "Oh, geez, I'm sorry. I didn't know."

I put an arm around Marinette. "It's okay, Luka. You didn't know."

Luka sighed. "Look, Marinette, I'll talk to my sister, I'm sure it's all a big misunderstanding."

Marinette shrugged. "It's okay, Luka. Thank you for trying to help."

Luka nodded. "Anytime, Marinette. I'll always be here if you need me. Gotta go. Bye, Marinette. Adrien."

Luka walked off, lost in thought, and I sighed.

"Mari, are you okay?"

"I'm ok, Adrien. Why are you wearing sunglasses in the middle of fall?"

I didn't like how she was trying to change the subject, but I let it slide. "I ran into some paparazzi. Had to diguse myself, right? You should probably do that too,"

Marinette shook her head, smiling. "As long as theres not an akuma, I think we'll be fine, Adrien."

Since that silly perfume add is still popular, people are still taking photos and stalking me. Which means they're also getting photos of Marinette, who is now my 'mysterious girlfriend', as my fans are saying online. We are constantly getting chased by fans or bumbarded with questions online, and it's kind of annoying how we have to be careful out in public. Even my father is asking questions.

It's a tad bit embarassing, even Nino is teasing me about.

Me and Nino still talk, of course. Even Marinette still hangs out with him, since Nino is the only one other then me who doesn't believe any of Lila's stories.

Marinette and I walked around the park, talking and goofing off when I remembered her message.

"Hey, Marinette?"

"Hmmm?"

"When you messaged me earlier, what exactly did you mean by 'an old friend of mine'?"

Marinette's mouth curled into a small 'o'.

Aww, she's so cute when she does that.

"Oh. Right. I, uh... so..."

I raised an eyebrow, and she sighed.

"I ran into Chloe."

"What?! Did she say anything to you? Are you okay? I could talk to her if you'd w-" Marinette put her hand on my mouth, and I shut up, blushing.

"Adrien." She raised an eyebrow, giving me the look I had given her. "Chloe was... apologizing. I was shocked, but it turns out, she wants to be nicer. She's seen what Lila's been doing, turning everyone against me. She... she wants to help."

I blinked. "Really? Are you sure shes not with Lila?"

Marinette shook her head. "No, Adrien. She really wants to change. It's like you said before... everyone is good deep down."

I smiled, giving Marinette a hug.

"A-Adrien?! What are you doing?"

"I'm hugging you, Marinette."

"But... w-why?"

I pulled away, cupping Marinette's cheek. "Because you truely are amazing, Mari. You see goodness in everyone, and I love that about you. It's one of the reasons why your... why your..."

I paused, staring into Marinette's bluebell eyes.

"Why I'm w-what, Adrien? What is it?" She stuttered, blushing.

Say something, Adrien. Anything. Tell her how you feel. How amazing she is. How she really is...

"...so beautiful." I said, and she blushed even more. "Marinette. Your too precuious to me to be just a friend. I'll always be here, like your always here for me."

Marinette smiled. "Thank you, Adrien. I wouldn't know what to do without you."

She hugged me, and I hugged her back, both of us wanting to say the same thing...

'I love you.'

-0-0-0-

I should've saved this chapter for Friday, but I couldn't help it! It's too adorable!

Thank you for all the funny and encouraging comments, guys. I really love all the support.

One last update on Friday 😉

-Tiggs <3