14- New Beginnings

(Warning: EVEN MORE fangirling ahead, including the rise of CHLONATH!!!) 

~Marinette Dupain-Cheng~

It took us a while to escape the press, but me, Chat Noir, and Queen Bee finally got away, do to a handy distraction from Alya and Nino (mainly on Nino's part).

We ducked into an alleyway near the school, me and Chat staring at each other.

"Tikki, spots off."

"Plagg, claws in."

"Pollen, buzz off."

I was now staring into the green eyes of Adrien Agreste. Now that I think about it, he really does look like Chat Noir.

Chloe's looked back and fourth between us, amused.

Adrien is Chat Noir. Adrien is Chat Noir...

Chat Noir is Adrien.

I'm in love with Adrien. Adrien is Chat Noir.

And he's in love with Ladybug.

Ladybug.

Not Marinette.

Does Adrien like Marinette?

He has been acting more like Chat Noir around me since we've gotten closer. He's been more flirtatious, more... himself.

But what does he think of Marinette? Am I seriously 'just a friend' in his eyes? Now that he knows I'm Ladybug, will that change? I want him to love both sides of me, not just the super heroine.

But maybe... maybe not.

Maybe Adrien does like Marinette.

As a friend...

Adrien must've sensed my sadness, a worried expression on his face.

"Marinette? Are you okay?"

I turned away, shrugging my shoulders. "Are you mad that I'm Ladybug?"

"Mad? Why would I be mad? Marinette, you're the most amazing girl ever, with or without the mask." Adrien took my hands in his, gazing into my eyes lovingly. "Your brave, heroic, kind hearted, sweet, caring, stubborn, bubbley, and beautiful. Just like Ladybug. You stand up for you friends, for the ones you love. For Paris. I fell in love with both sides of you. Turns out I've always loved you, Marinette. I was just too blinded by my love for Ladybug to see it. I'm not mad... I'm overjoyed. I didn't want to have to choose between you and Ladybug, but, turns out... I don't have to."

My eyes glistened with tears, Adrien once again making his way into my heart.

"But, the question is... can you love your dorky, pun-making  partner and shy classmate?"

I smiled, cupping Adrien's cheek in mine. "I already do,"

Closing the gap between us, I kissed him.

Adrien kissed me back, holding me close. "I love you, m'lady."

I giggled. "I love you too, Kitty."

Tikki giggled, exiting my bag. Pollen sqeauled, hugging Chloe's cheek. Plagg gagged, sitting on Adrien's head.

"You two are cheesy," Plagg huffed. "and not the good kind of cheese." 

"Plagg, don't be such a party pooper!" Pollen teased.

"I am not! I'm just pointing out how much of a ladies man Adrien is,"

Adrien pouted. "I am not!"