15~ Daddy Issues

~Adrien Agreste~

"Bye, Mari!" Alya waved, her and Nino walking out of the bakery.

"Bye Alya!" Marinette smiled, watching her friend go before beginning to put things away.

I smiled, wrapping my arms around Marinette's waist.

"Adrien, what are you doing?" Marinette laughed, crossing her arms.

"Why, I'm hugging you, m'lady. Can't you see that?"

Marinette giggled, kissing me on the cheek. "Silly Kitty,"

I helped her clean up the flour and sprinkles (thanks Nino), eating cookies, and talking about akumas for a little bit over an hour.

Suddenly, we heard a car honk outside.

I checked my phone, noticing that I had over a hundred missed calls and messages from my father and Nathalie.

I sighed. "It's Nathalie. I have to go home."

Marinette frowned. "Why do you always have to have a curfew? It's only seven."

I shrugged, grabbing my bag. "You know how strict my dad can be. I just wish I could hang out here a little longer."

Marinette smirked. "Who says a certain cat can't drop by my balcony later tonight?"

It took me a moment to figure out what she was saying. A grin grew across my face.

"I'll see you later then, m'lady." I said as Marinette walked me out.

She kissed me, smiling. "See you later, Kitty."

I got in the car, waving at the love of my life as I rode away, excited to visit her later tonight, a lovesick look on my face.

The Gorilla gave me a knowing look, but I ignored it.

Once I the car pulled into the driveway, I rushed through the front doors, ready to go straight upstairs and transform.

But I froze when I saw my father on the stairs.

"Adrien," My father said, no emotion in his voice at all. "we need to talk."

I gulped.

I hope this isn't about Marinette.

"Y-Yes, father." I cowered, bowing my head. My father gestured for me to follow him into his office. I obeyed.

Natalie shut the door behind us, blocking the doors so I couldn't get out.

"Adrien, I am going to say this once and only once..."

I gulped, preparing myself for a speech on how to be a better model, a lecture on obedience, or even a talk about Marinette not being right for our family.

"...hand over you Miraculous."

I blinked. "E-Excuse me?!"

"You heard me, Adrien. Hand over your Miraculous. Now."

I gaped, hand clutched over the other, protecting my ring.

"N-No!" I glared. "Why- father, how do you even know what-"

"LISTEN TO ME!" My father shouted. He froze, lowering his tone. "Please, Adrien. It's the only way to bring her back. For you to have a mother again."

My eyes widened.

Plagg flew out of my bag, looking from me to my father.

"Of course, I'll need both Miraculous' to bring her back. Which means I'll have to send you to capture Ladybug's earrings for me. And you'll do it, if you know whats best for you." My father grinned, a small purple kwami flying out of his jacket, looking sad. Plagg's eyes widened.