Chapter 25 - Cameron

Cameron allowed ten minutes to pass before he rolled Olivia on top of him and encouraged her to ride him as hard as she liked. He then took her from behind, doggy-style. After that, she tried to take a shower and he came after her there.

He made damn sure that she understood that he would always want her, need her, and never leave her and Chloe like her dick of a father.

Then came the hard part—letting her go.

She had to return to the city for an open house and he had to check in with Alpha and Dr. Waaban—Sam too, for that matter. It sounded terrible, but Cameron hoped that Sam's mate was still unconscious by the time he got there. Now that the threat was over, he needed to apologize and assure Sam that Cameron's intentions were to inflict the least amount of damage possible to disable the rogue and ensure Olivia's safety. Sam's mate put up a good fight and that worried him.

He waited about ten minutes on the beach, looking out over the water before his father came to pick him up. His thoughts drifted from Olivia and Chloe to Sam and his mate. He thought about Andrew too—how different everything would have been if the attack never happened five years ago, or if things hadn't ended the way they did.

The past is the past. Let it go.

He heard his father's approach before he smelled him. The breeze blew against his face with all the freshness of the water before him. Tranquil, yet invigorating.

His father put his hand on Cameron's shoulder. "How was your night?"

A smirk played on his lips before he met his father's gaze. "Good."

"That's good to hear."

They turned to walk to their waiting car.

"I have a date with both of them later."

His father's hand was still on his shoulder and he gave it a gentle squeeze. "I feel the Goddess is smiling down on you now."

"I pray it is so."

The drive to the packhouse was silent, Cameron daydreaming the entire time of his future. He could see it clearer now, brighter than before, with hope filling him.

That all shot to hell the moment he stepped out of the car only to be greeted by Sam's fist right between the eyes.

It wasn't the strongest punch he'd received, but he certainly hadn't been anticipating it and definitely didn't see it coming.

"What the fuck?" he yelled, staggering back with his hands cupping his face. Blood poured down from his nose as he struggled to gather his bearings and meet Sam's hardened gaze.

"That's for nearly killing my mate last night, asshole," Sam spat, blocking the doorway to the infirmary with his hands balled into fists at his side.

Cameron's father growled in warning, making Sam bow his head in submission.

"Dammit, Sam! We went over this already!"

"I know, but I'm still pissed!"

The pain between Cameron's eyes subsided slowly and he looked up at his ruffled friend, with his black hair sticking up all over the place and heavy bags under puffy, bloodshot eyes.

"Damn, you look terrible."

The fight left Sam and his shoulders deflated. "I couldn't sleep all night."

Blair took his son's face in his hands to examine him, but Cameron jerked away, mumbling that he'll set it himself.

He apologized to Sam for hurting his mate so severely. "But he wouldn't stop. I had to stop him," he insisted.