Part 6

Khushi 'Arnav ji I'm done, you can go and freshen up' he looked at her for a minute who smiled at him, he started walking when she called him from behind 'Aur haan apni dhaadi bhi shave kar lijiyega. It looks like Devdas who lost his love, now I'm here there is no need for you to grow your beard like him. Pehla wala short and little beard was good not this Devdas wala' nodding his head he left to wash of his tiredness.

Khushi chirped to him as soon as he came out of the bathroom 'Come let us go down, lunch is being served'

Arnav stopped, Khushi came to him 'what happen?'

Arnav 'huh? I'm not hungry now'

Khushi 'but it is necessary for you to take your food on time. Come on Arnav ji lets have our lunch with our family'

Arnav 'Khushi you go, I will get some sleep'

Khushi 'No you are coming with me otherwise I'll not have my lunch too'

Arnav 'Khushi!!!' she went and sat with a huff on the bed.

Arnav 'okay fine' grinning at him she held his hand before moving out of the room.

All went quite looking at Khushi and Arnav coming to dining table. Khushi 'sit here Arnav ji'

He sat down quietly not looking at anyone knowing well he will be witnessing only hate there.

Khushi 'HP what is today's lunch?'

HP 'ji bhabi sab aapka pasand banaya hai'

Khushi 'really?'

She looked at all the dishes, aloo mutter sabji, baigan bhartha, dal, chawal, rajma.

Garima 'Payal made it for you'

Khushi 'thank you jiji'

Payal came to her and started serving food. Khushi looked at everyone who is having their lunch while Payal had served Khushi and left to take her seat beside her husband. No one asked Arnav anything.

Khushi looked at Arnav, he smiled slowly at her. Khushi gulped 'Arnav ji will you feed me, please'

Arnav even though shocked did not refuse her, he started feeding her. Khushi 'bas, now my turn' she fed him smiling who gulped down every morsel painfully, his throat choking with the indifference from his family member.

Arnav sitting alone at the poolside chair looked at the reflection of him in the water lost.

Khushi came to him with a bowl in her hand 'Arnav ji!!!'

He snapped his head towards her, Khushi 'see what I've brought for you. Kheer!!! You like kheer so much na, see I made this for you'

She took a spoonful of kheer taking it towards him 'don't look at me like that. My hands are paining lo na' he opened his mouth.

Khushi 'how is it?'

Arnav 'nice'

Khushi 'sirf nice?'

Arnav 'it is tasty'

Khushi 'ye hui na baat, now phata phat khayenge aap' she spoons fed him till the bowl went empty of kheer.

She placed in on the low table and sat on Arnav's lap hugging him, few minutes passed in silence. Khushi playing with his button 'Arnav ji, don't worry everything will be fine soon. I'm with you. Aap chinta math karo'