Chapter 4.

"Is it true?! You found the man in the necklace?" Gigi asked in disbelief.

"Yes! He was even more beautiful in person!" I yelled swimming around in excitement.

"Where did you find him?" Martha asked.

"I found him on the beach. He had a wound that one of you girls scratched him but he survived. I used my healing powers and saved him." I said.

"I didn't scratch him." Martha said.

"I didn't either." Gigi said.

"Weren't you girls attacking the ship?" I ask in disbelief.

"No we didn't go hunting today." Gigi said.

"Then who attacked him then?" I asked curious.

"Maybe it was something else in the pack? Was it Selena?" Martha asked.

"Was it me what?" I hear Selena ask.

"Did you attack the human Joe this afternoon?" I asked.

"The man in your picture? He was attacked?" Selena asked.

"Yeah. I found him washed up on the shore and he had big slashes on his chest." I said.

"How big where they? Are you sure it was a female mermaid that attacked him?" Selena asked.

Oh my god.

The scratches where bigger than a female merman's claws.

It was a merman that attacked him.

Who would it be?

Would it be my father?

Or someone else?

"I don't think it was a female mermaid that attacked him." I said to the girls.

"A merman attacked him? Why didn't he kill him. Usually male mermaids are more aggressive then females if they attack they kill instantly. Or kill multiple people in seconds because they are stronger than us." Gigi said.

"Maybe male mermaid got interrupted by something." I said.

"Got interrupted by who?" Martha asked.

"I don't know. Maybe he said mermaid hunters? I didn't see any male mermaid's when I was around." I said.

"Was it your brother Austin's claws?" Gigi asked.

"No. I know his claws. They didn't match with this one." I said.

"What ever that scared him it must have been a really big threat." Selena said.

"I'll ask him who did it." I said.

"What? Are you crazy. What if he tells the other humans that we are real and they try to hunt us?" Selena asks.

"He didn't attack me when I saw him." I said.

"You got lucky. What if he tries." Selena said.

"He wouldn't do that." I said.

"You don't know that either." Selena said.

"When will you see him again?" Martha asked.

"In seven days. The wounds where pretty big so he needs time to heal. Humans do heal slower than us. Joe said that he will sneak out at night to meet me there where I found him." I said.

"What if he brings more me with him and tries to capture you? What will you do then?" Gigi asked.

"How about you girls come with me just in case anything happens?" I asked.

"Okay." Martha said.

"Yes! I want to see him." Gigi said.

"Fine." Selena said.

"Can we go find something to eat? I'm hungry." Martha said.

"I'm getting hungry as well." Selena said.

"Okay. Come on girls." I said and we swam off.

We found a big ship that is far out in the ocean so this will be an easy hunt. They will take a while if they could sail back and there is no way for them to swim back.

"Let's try this?" I said taking out my flout.

"Yes. Bring them over to us." Selena said.

I take our one of a human bone and blow into it making music flow out of it.

As I continue to play it the ship gets closer to us water, "What is going on?" I hear a man yell on the boat.

The boat gets closer, "Control the sail!" I hear another man yell.

"Selena sing." Gigi said.

Selena starts to sing as I continue to play my instrument, "Do you men hear music?" I hear a voice asked.

Martha and Gigi swim underwear over to the ship, swim underneath the ship and on the other side ready to attack.

"Where is that music coming from?" a man asked the men on the ship stop what they are doing.

More listen to us, "It sounds so pretty." A young boy said as we continue to sing.

"Mermaids! Mermaids are here!" A man on the ship yelled.

All of the men suddenly take out there weapons aiming them out in the water.

"Cover your ears! Don't listen to the music it's brain washing us." The captain of the ship yelled and the men cover there ears blocking the music.

Selena did I stop making music, "The music stopped." a pirate said.

"Maybe they left?" A young man asked.

"No. Mermaids are tricky. They could still be hiding." The caption said.

All of the pirates spread out looking down at the water, "I don't see any of them." A pirate said.

Well he is right. As soon as he said the Martha and Gigi jumped out of the water high up into the air screaming as they each grabbed a man off of the boat and splashed onto the water.

"Fire in the water!" The captain yelled and the pirates fire there weapons shooting there bluets in the water. They all miss Selena and I terribly.

Selena and I swim fast underwater dodging the bullets swiftly, Selena grabs a long sea weed and goes back up at the surface. She throws the seaweed like a whip and wraps it around a man he screams cutting it with his knife. Selena pulls him into the water before he can break it and drags him underwater.

I jump out of the water and grab one of the pirates off of the boat and flash into the water. The man screams and struggles against me water gets filled into his lungs as I bring him deeper underwater. He stops moving then I take a bite.

The ship sails away making there way back to land, the girls and I watch them retreat.

"Well that was fun." Gigi said and the girls and I laughed.

"We should do that more often." Selena said.

"Yeah we should." Martha said.

"Let's go home girls before my dad begins to wonder where we are." I said and we swam home.
____________________________________

Author's Note

  Thoughts? What else should I write in this story? Please vote and comment.

                                               -Wunderstruck1313