ending notes.

hello it's kayla again with the ending notes for flicker!

wow. i can't even believe it took me this long (like 2 years) for me to write flicker. i struggled deeply with this fic because i wrote the first chapter on a whim because i missed bad boy jeongguk and simply wanted to write something about it. i never thought much about where the story would lead, though, and that was the hardest part about updating because i never knew which direction i was heading.

while the last chapter is pretty lacking, i think it was the best way to end flicker after such a long hiatus and to keep it from having a sad ending (somehow i keep writing sad endings ??)

now, about jeongguk and aki. my babies.

aki : i connected so much with her. the pain of being rejected and loneliness she often felt resonated a lot with me, and i think i was able to convey my feelings through her's in a way that made sense to me. she's quite a people pleaser, like i am, who would much rather give up her own happiness for others, though she finally got to speak her mind (i still need to work on voicing my own opinions). and , as always, i didn't give too many physical details on aki's appearance because i like letting readers imagine characters for themselves, but personally i also always imagined her as a little thing, strong though small, with bangs and a bob/shoulder length cut. wears lots of long winter coats and ankle length boots and red lipstick.

jeongguk : oh gosh where do i begin with him. a bad boy, but also a puppy? has a good heart, but doesn't know how to express himself in the right ways, thus hurting the people he loves. honestly, quite a despicable person in flicker (lovelies, if there's a man like jeongguk in flicker please leave him immediately he's not worth your time!!) though he does come around at the end. this jeongguk was mainly inspired by that scene in I NEED U when he was getting beat up (stupid yes i know).

i miss these two already T.T ( though i may keep using them as characters in future pieces just because i love their character development and personas).

i hope you all enjoyed reading flicker despite the long periods between updates!! ♡♡ if you have any lingering character questions / one-shot requests for aki&jeongguk / ideas for future fics, please leave me a comment or message !!

and you can also find me here!