2. Full of Surprises

"Stay there,
'Cause I'll be coming over.
And while our blood's still young,
It's so young, it runs.
And won't stop til it's over,
Won't stop to surrender."

◘ ◘ ◘

"Come on, let me walk you back to your dorm," Emily offered after I finished the bowl of macaroni and cheese.

"Oh, there's no need for that! I can find my way back," I said, hurriedly shooting down her offer. She had already done too much for me, and I didn't want to trouble her further.

"Come on, let me walk you back to your dorm," Emily offered after I finished the bowl of macaroni and cheese.

"It's alright, it's not like I have anything better to do," Emily laughed, getting up from her seat and straightening her skirt.

"Oh...okay. Only if it really is alright with you," I mumbled, fingering the sleeve of my oversized blouse.

"Of course. Now come on, we only have twenty minutes before curfew starts. We'd better hurry," Emily said, grabbing my wrist and tugging me in a state of hurry.

We speed walked past the almost empty hallways, giggling as we pretended we were spies.

"Come on!" Emily stage-whispered loudly in a horribly French accent, "Vee must run from zee flesh-eating zombies!"

"What?" I blurted out, laughing loudly at the ridiculousness of the situation. We turned a corner, still giggling loudly, and Emily ran straight into the chest of Asher Dane.

"Oof!" Emily squealed, falling on her buttocks. It would've been a funny sight if not for the fuming boy standing in front of her. Emily swallowed nervously.

"Seriously? Is everyone in this blasted Academy blind or what?" He cursed, narrowing his eyes at Emily. She bowed her head, "Sorry."

"For the last time, sorry doesn't cut it. Especially when it comes from you, Emily."

My eyebrows shot up in surprise when he acknowledged her. They know each other? I saw Emily shoot me a panicked glance.

I hurried to her side and helped her up, glaring at Asher at the same time.

"She apologised. Get over it," I spat. Emily sucked in a breath, gripping my arm tightly. I looked over at her and saw her shake her head slightly, as if warning me.

Asher glared at me, his eyes flash with familiarity.

"You ran into me during break," Asher sneered. I rolled my eyes and snorted, "Glad your memory works."

"Hold your attitude," he growled.

"Only if you do, too," I said, smirking and placing a hand on my hip.

"Lexi," Emily muttered under her breath. "Don't piss him off even more."

"Control your dog, Emily," Asher snapped, crossing his arms.

"That's enough," I muttered, glaring at him.

"What? My words hurt your feelings?" Asher mocked.

"No, it takes a lot more than just that if you want to 'hurt my feelings', mister. Now, if you'll excuse us, we would really like to return to our dorms so I can go to sleep," I scoffed, glaring at him.

"Watch it, before I make sure you're removed from this school. Permanently," Asher snapped, smirking smugly. How dare he! He was...he was threatening to get me expelled!