14. Infuriating

This chapter is written in THIRD PERSON!

* * *

"Not gonna let you walk away,
Without sayin' you're sorry.
Without sayin' you're sorry,
But I'm not."

◘ ◘ ◘

"Robin, are you coming?" Logan asked. The four had originally planned to go to the school's swimming pool for an afternoon swim to cool themselves from the hot weather, but work had caught up with Robin and he was unable to go. His father's assistant had contacted him via email to inform him that he was needed to do an email-meeting with one of their company's newest shareholders. He could obviously call the meeting off and join his friends, but he just wasn't feeling up to it. The stress his parents were giving him was taking a toll on him. Robin looked at his friend and back to his computer.

"I'll pass," he said nonchalantly.

"Dude, we closed the whole swimming pool just for us. Come on, live a little," Logan said. Robin frowned slightly, and he felt annoyance creeping up his throat and onto his tongue.

"I have work," Robin snapped, and immediately regretted it. He needed to control his emotions, he didn't want to lose any of his friends, too.

He sighed loudly, "I'm sorry, Logan. You guys go enjoy yourselves. You know how my father gets."

"It's fine. If you need us, you know where we will be," Logan offered him a sympathetic smile before leaving the lounge. They were so rich, the school had built a private lounge alongside the private classroom for them. Granted, their parents had probably paid well, but still.

Robin sighed and stared blankly at his computer screen. Sometimes Robin was jealous of his friends and their care-free lifestyles. Even though their parents were wealthy and successful, they let their children do as they pleased. Other than Asher and his engagement, of course. But other than that, the guy had a pretty good life.

Robin's parents, on the other hand, were basically the Kim Jong-uns to Robin's North Korea, aka, his life. In a way, he knew his parents mean well, but it's just too much. He had just turned eighteen a month ago, and after one day of freedom, it was back to boring meetings and endless contracts. He felt so much older than he really was, and sometimes he longed for a simple life. To perhaps have nothing at all. Like one particular girl he knew of.

Alexandra Knight knew just the right buttons to push and exactly how to get on his nerves.

God, she was infuriating.

Infuriatingly sexy, the voice in his head mocked.

Oh shut up, Father would never approve. Besides, I'm happy alone.

That has got to be the single most pathetic thing I've heard all week, the voice said.

"Why am I even fighting with myself?" Robin asked aloud. He shook his head and stared at his computer screen yet again. The words and numbers were drowning him, suffocating his mind. With a sigh, he shut the screen and stood up.

Maybe a walk will do me good.

He opened the heavy oak door and stepped out, only to see a familiar brunette standing in the middle of the hallway, looking very lost and confused.

What the hell is she doing here?

"What are you doing here?" At the sound of his voice, Alex turned around with surprise evident on her features. Well, that's a change from her usual scowl.