11. Déjà vu, pt. 1

"You came along in the arms of another,
I thought that I would pretend I wasn't bothered,
I'd make you believe,
The solution was me;
But it wasn't."

    ◘ ◘ ◘      

"Alex!" Siobhan hollered, ignoring the gawking students around her. She waved me over where she was standing, a limo parked not far from where she was. Jonah was next to her, trapping her in a tight embrace.

"I'm here!" I huffed, feeling a bead of sweat roll down the side of my face. Climbing down stairs was a workout.

"Come on," she said, walking towards the limo. Jonah slung a black duffel over his shoulder effortlessly and strolled towards the limo. I fought to keep up.

"Slow down, long legs!" I groaned. Jonah Graves was equipped with freakishly long legs, which meant I had to power-walk to keep up with him. While he looked all bad ass and cool, I look like an idiot trying to keep up with his pace. He raised an eyebrow at me, and walked significantly slower.

"Thank you," I breathed. Once we arrived at the limo, a chauffeur opened the door for me to enter. Siobhan gestured for me to do so, and without hesitance, I slipped into the car. Siobhan and Jonah were exchanging a few words outside, but I quickly looked away in embarrassment when Jonah grabbed her by the face and planted a long, wet kiss on her lips.

It wasn't until another five minutes when Siobhan slipped into the car with me, lips swollen and slightly dazed. "Wow," she mumbled with a silly grin on her face.

Once the limo began to drive out of the school, I was suddenly much more aware of the inside of the vehicles. I was thrown off by how luxurious the inside of the limousine was; the ornate vase with fresh orchid flowers, mini refrigerator and smooth leather seats.

"Pretty nice, huh?" Siobhan murmured, shooting me a small smile. I nodded my head, "I forget how wealthy the students at Meilleur are sometimes."

"True," Siobhan shrugged and nodded. "Do you like it so far?"

"Yes," I replied instantaneously, surprising myself.

"Yes," I repeated, slower this time. "I do. Surprisingly. I have Emily and Jake and my art. It's more than enough."

"Hey, you have me too!" Siobhan grinned. I blushed slightly and nodded, "You too."

It wasn't long before we arrived at the airport, and after the security scans, we were directed to a private airstrip, away from where the commercial planes were parked. There, we boarded a small, white plane.

"Welcome aboard, Miss Lanigan, Miss Knight," the flight stewardess greeted as we stepped onto the plane. "Enjoy your flight."

The stewardess pushed open the curtain and revealed the interior of the plane, which of course, did not disappoint. There were a total of four seats on the plane, that were larger than the average seats in Economy class. Instead of cloth, the seats were lined with leather and came equipped with pillows.

"You like it?" Siobhan asked, and I nodded, still in awe of the luxe private plane I was in. She merely gave me an amused glance, as if everyone that stepped foot in the plane reacted the same way that I did. I wouldn't be surprised, though. It really was a wondrous plane.

"Get some sleep," Siobhan advised, before settling into her own seat. Her hair was tied into a messy bun, and she wore her signature leather jacket over a black tank top and dark-washed jeans. Her feet were clad in monstrous black Dr. Martens that looked like it could break bones if you were unlucky enough to be stomped on. Despite her style, she still manages to look elegant and graceful. Just like the Royals. It was something I will always envy them for. I stopped staring at her when she wore her sleeping mask, and settled into my seat too. Closing my eyes, I allowed myself to drift off to sleep.