Chapter 20 - Suavecito

When they woke from their morning doze a while later, Kenna noted once again how they had slept. So he was a cuddler. He'd held her the entire night, and all through the morning. She was sure they hadn't spent more than thirty seconds not touching since the night before.

Of course she didn't mind. In fact, she'd spent years in different relationships with guys who were not physically affectionate at all or not to the degree she desired, but she'd taken it as a loss and moved on. She'd come to find herself used to it.

Men weren't cuddly; men didn't want to always hold hands or be loving because showing too much affection to your female partner was emasculating. That was what society had taught her. Well, boo to society, she thought, because Aaron appeared to be the exception. He liked to cuddle after sex. He liked to cuddle, period.

"I'll make us breakfast," Aaron told her as he led her downstairs. He'd refused to let her get dressed. He liked seeing her in his clothes, he'd said, and she'd obliged him only after he swore to her that not even the kids had a key to the house and couldn't enter unannounced.

"You don't have to," Kenna said, sitting at the kitchen table. "I'll eat cereal."

"Not a chance," Aaron replied with a wink. "You need your strength"

She gave him a cheeky grin, put her feet up on the empty chair beside her, and watched Aaron make them waffles in his underwear. He even put strawberries and whipped cream on them. And left the whipped cream on the counter with a knowing glance her way. Her face heated and she resisted the urge to hide her face. Somehow she still felt a little shy even though he'd seen, felt, and tasted damn near every inch of her body the night before.

"Come here," he said, motioning for her to stand from her chair when he brought one enormous plate of food over.

"What?" She asked, standing and stepping out of his way, but he took her hand and brought her back over. He sat and then pulled her down into his lap.

"There's no way I'm letting you sit that far from me," he said, handing her one of the forks.

Kenna snorted, but got comfortable. "You're ridiculous."

"I know how it feels to be inside you now, Kenna. If it was up to me, you'd never be that far from me again."

Her blood heated at the same time her heart stopped. Good God, he was trying to kill her.

"You should be careful, saying things like that," she said, forcing lightness into her voice but averting her eyes back to the plate and taking some food.

Aaron, putting his fork down on the table and his hands on Kenna's waist, tipped his head up slightly to look at her face.

"I mean it," he said, giving her that intense look again, and her throat bobbed.

"Okay," she said. "I believe you."

"I hope you do," he said, and kissed her. "Because it's true. I know this is new, but honey, I mean it when I say that I have never felt this way about anyone before. Ever. I told you already that I'm all in. I'm yours, you understand?"

Kenna nodded.

"And you're mine?"

She nodded again, speechless.

Aaron smiled at her and kissed her cheek. "Good. So let's eat."

Kenna knew that if she were on the outside looking in, she'd probably say the cuteness overload was excessively gross. But she wasn't. She was there and this was happening in real life. He was hers and when he looked at her the way he was right then, she wanted nothing more in the world than to stay just like that, in that moment, forever.