Chapter 2: || Broken ||

Approximately an hour later Shivaay entered talking on the phone, seeing the empty hall and feeling the unusual silence he presumed that his entire family had left as per schedule. He sat on the sofa threw his phone aside, loosening his collar buttons he sighed and buried his face into his hands, a few minutes later he looked at his watch, and waited for someone to arrive.

After a span of ten minutes, arrived an old man in his fifties with a briefcase in his hand. Shivaay got up and cordially shook his hand and gestured towards the sofa. As the man sat he handed Shivaay a file. He sighed an took it.

Man-"Yeh reports hain."

Before Shivaay could even speak up, a tray with glass of drinking water was put before the man. Shivaay looked up to see, it was her. He saw her as though he ha seen a ghost,and breathed deeply. She did not even spare a look at him and smiled at the man.

Man-"Oh Good evening Mrs.Oberoi..thank you."

Anika smiled.

Shivaay was terribly confused, how the hell was she here? Wasn't she supposed to be away with the family.To his shock she sat on the sofa adjacent to where the man was seated.

Man-"Oh yes Mr.Oberoi you had asked for the list, here it is."

Before he could complete Anika extended her hand-"Yeh mujhe de dijiye..!"

Man smiled and handed it over to her, a thoughtful Shivaay looked into blank air."Aur yeh prescription hain..yeh medicines roz leni hain..and these are ones in case of emergency." He explained to both of them.

Anika-"Doctor aur kuch..."

Shivaay looked up at her in a vulnerable state, trying hard to wear a straight face.

Doctor smiled – "The best medicine is being stress free and happy.Ghabrane ki koi baat nahi hai. In case of any emergency let me know immediately..mera number uss pe likha hai." He gets up to leave.

Shivaay-"Thank you Doctor.!"

As soon as the retreating figure of the doctor disappears Shivaay turns to see her questioning eyes.

He raised his eyebrow walks upto her, snatching the prescription away from her hand and without saying anything walked up the stairs to his room.

Anika looks at his leaving form."Nahi...Aaj aapko mujhe face karna padega..!" with that she retraces his footsteps to the room.

He was standing looking out of the window, with the prescription still in his hand. She stood behind him. He screwed his eyes shut as he feels her presence.

Anika-"Yeh sab kab tak chalega?"

Shivaay-"Mujhe kuch nahi kehna please leave me alone." He spoke without turning, trying hard to stop his eyes from turning moist.