1

The smell of whiskey, cigars and sweat filled Adrian's nose as he walked through the club. As most unpleasant as it was, he had a straight face walking through the long corridors. 

Men of all sizes, generally on the larger size, were sitting on velvet chairs waiting for their companions to join them. They sprawled out on the couch, leaving very little room for anyone else. 

"There are fifty rooms, and twelve private guest rooms as well." 

Adrian diverted his attention away from looking around and back onto the petite woman leading him through the maze. Dressed in a skin tight black dress, she looked over her shoulder, her sultry eyes beckoning to him. She definitley fit in here, every loose hair was tucked by bobby pins so none we lose, her outfit was probably altered for every pound lost of gained. Her nails, as they tapped the clipboard in her hands, were trimmed and painted a bright red colour. 

"How many entry points?" he questioned.

"Two, one at the front and one at the...back." she gestured flicking her head, her blonde ponytail following. It was almost hypnotic, the way the ponytail flicked from left to right, to left to right.

"Can I get you anything?"

"The contract would be great." Adrian took a seat as she waved a hand. He selected the single sofa, so he wasn't mistaken to be here for pleasure. Maybe he used to a few years ago, this was strictly business.

"Of course. Tony will bring it to you. How about a...drink?"

"The contract."

She gave him a curt nod, the flirty personality gone as she turned around and walked out. She also knew, it was only business tonight.

Adrian looked around this room, it was just darker lit and he was almost tempted to take out his iPhone and use the torch to look around. There were only 3 other private booths apart from his. Each booth had a single couch, as well as a futon type sitting area where multiple people can lounge. There was a coffee table in the middle, most of them were littered with cigars, empty cups and god knows what type of powders have been on those.

He was almost starting to get impatient as he waiting for whoever this Tony was to bring him back the contract. He should have asked them to post it to them, but he did like dealing with things himself. Even if it meant he had to go to a dodgy place at midnight.

He crossed his legs, tapping his fingers on his knee as he scrolled through his messages. He had none, not that the expected any. No emails, no messages.

Adrian soon got bored with that and went back to taking in the decor. He couldn't even see a single wait staff to ask them where Tony was. All he could do was sit, and sit he did. People came and went. It felt like a long time before someone approached him. It definitley was not Tony. Or maybe it was, who knew that Tony could be a unisex name.

Tony, or whoever she was, was walking towards him in a bright red dress. Her lipstick matched the shade on the dress, her black hair curled over her shoulders, just stopping at the start of her very low neckline.

The manila folder she was holding was more of interest for him.

"Adrian. What a pleasure to meet you."

"Likewise."

He shook her hand, it was a warm and strong grip. "I believe you are waiting for this folder?"

"Tony?" he asked, he couldn't help it. He was curious.

"Tony is busy." 

Adrian took the folder from her, it was heavier than he expected.

"When can we expect to see results?"

"I'll let you know." there was no way he was going to make fake promises, those days were behind him.

He stood up to go when something stopped him. He looked back at the woman, there was something about her that was very familiar. "Have we met before?" 

"I think I would remember a face like yours if we did."

Likewise.

He gave her a nod, "I'll show you the way out."

She led him through a much quicker corridor to the back door exit, "I hope to hear from either yourself or Darius Quartz soon."

"You shall."

Adrian slipped on his driving glasses as he headed towards his parked car, he didn't dare to look back even though he had the feeling of being watched. 

It wasn't till he got into his car he let out the breathe he was holding, sometimes he didn't like coming to places like these. But it was where business was.

He looked at the folder in his hand, he threw it onto the passenger seat, locking the doors and turning on the car. 

"Bloody Darius." He muttered under his breathe. If cousin didn't decide to do a last minute getaway with his wife he wouldn't be having to be the one to do these business meetings. 

If you can even call it that. He started the car, he didn't know how to get back home but he just wanted to get as far away from here as he could.

* * * 

Rose sat on the doorstep dialling the number again. No answer, it went straight to voicemail. A part of her was worried to why her best friend wasn't picking up, but she also knew that Ivory tended to forget to charge her phone too often and it probably just died again.

It was just inconvenient as Rose has to really speak to her

"Are you sure you don't want to come inside?"

She looked over her shoulder at Marge, the only one that wouldn't leave her alone.

"I'll head back." Rose said. She could stay the night but she didn't feel like sleeping. Even though this big house would feel much more safer than her small studio apartment. "You should go to sleep Marge."

"I can't leave you sitting here in the cold dear, and I'm waiting up for Adrian anyway. That boy said he would be here an hour ago." 

Adrian

She had to go. Now.

She stood up, that was a name she hadn't heard in a long time, nor did she want to see him again.

"Where are you going? Do you want me to call a taxi?"

"I parked down the street."

"You said you walked here. It's far to late to walk back Rose. Let me call you a taxi."

"No it's fine. If Ivory gets in touch can you please tell her to call me."

"Of course, at least wait a few minutes Adrian can drop you. Rose-,"

Rose waved a hand as she walked, straight towards the big black iron gate. She slipped out the gate zipping up her jacket. It wasn't cold, seeing that they were in the midst of their Australian summer when it was still thirty degrees at midnight. 

Checking the time on her phone, she fastened her pace. It was only a thirty minute walk back to her place. Just as she turned onto the side street she saw a car in the distance, its bright lights shining in her face. She lifted a hand to shield herself from the lights and groaned, she knew that numberplate.

She kept her head down, and suppressed a groan as the car indicated, and somewhat illegally crossed the lanes onto the side she was on coming to a stop. She walked past it.

"Rose."

Her teeth automatically clenched as she stopped, she looked over her shoulder at a familiar face.

"Let me drop you home."

Here is the first chapter of Related by Law- Rose and Adrian's story. Hopefully you enjoy it. 

If you don't already have me on Inkitt - make sure you follow me there (From the link in my profile or my embedded link in this chapter). Inkitt will get the chapters 1 week before Wattpad.)

Any questions or comments - message me on Instagram: Imsooverpolice