2

Chapter 3 will be in Inkitt shortly - refer to the hyperlink + link in bio to access it. Will be on Wattpad the following week.

__

"No i'm fine."

"Rose...baby. Don't be like that."

"Don't call me that." Rose shuddered.

"Are you still angry at me?" Rose couldn't be bothered to tell him that she wasn't angry at him, she had no feelings towards him. But that required speaking to him for more.

Instead she decided it was better to keep walking.

"No wait."

She stopped.

"Come on, let's go home." She shuddered, it wasn't home, it was his home and she had her home.

"If you're not going to leave me, I'm going to call the cops."

She wasn't joking, and he sensed that. "Fine. I'll call you tomorrow when you're less angry at me."

Rose sighed, she just wished she woke up tomorrow and all her problems were gone, including this big headache. She watched as his car pulled back onto the road and raced off, she shuddered. She felt safer in the dark than when he was here.

She began walking again only to stop when there was a persistent honking behind her. Don't tell me, he was back.

Normally it wasn't wise to stop when a car was honking at you, but Rose didn't care what happened. So she looked over at her shoulder at an unfamiliar black car. Her eyes didn't need to squint as the driver turned off their road lights, leaving their parking lights on which were less painful against her eyes.

She froze.

She met grey eyes behind the windshield. She should keep walking, but her feet didn't let her. She as glued to the concrete.

It was a minute before Adrian opened the door and stood up, "Uh hey."

"What are you doing here?"

"Marge told me you were walking home and uh, and that you might need a ride?"

"It's fine. I'm only a few minutes away."

There was another awkward pause, they both knew she was more than just a 'few' minutes away, "Come on. Let me drop you. It's not safe out here."

It's not safe in that car either Rose thought.

At the same time she knew her other friend could be back in no time. She did want to get in the car but she also just said no so she didn't want to back down and get in the car. Damn my ego. Rose shifted on her feet, there wasn't a breeze, it wasn't cold, yet she wanted to be in the warmth of that car.

"I won't force you to get in Rose, but I would appreciate if you did."

She wanted to hold her ground, she wanted to turn around and keep walking but before she could decide not to get in, she swallowed her pride and walked towards the car. She opened the door getting in before her conscious got to her.

Adrian sat back down putting his seat belt on as silence, their new best friend, filled up the car in almost a suffocating way. Neither of them talked, and neither of them wanted to. Rose busied herself on her phone, strolling aimlessly through her newsfeed, but her eyes were very aware of the man sitting beside him. All six foot two of the man that filled up the car, the worn off cologne that filled her nose with every breathe she took.