5

"You sort of deserved that." London watched Adrian come out of his office, in a new pair of pants.

"Not really." he said. He just wanted to see how she was going since it had been such a long time, maybe reconnect but clearly Rose was of another opinion.

"I'll go anyway. Let's see if she comes."

"No way." London shook her head, "She spilled coffee on you, she won't come."

Adrian shrugged, for some reason he till thinks she would come. She must still be angry at him but surely under all that anger is some other form of affection.

"Want to wager on it?" He has a mischievous smile on his face, "Hundred bucks she'll come."

* * *

Rose grabbed the glass form the counter top placing it in the tray to be taken out the back. She casted a look at the clock, her second shift for the day was about to finish. At the back of her mind was the thought if Adrian was really waiting for her.

Surely not, after spilling hot coffee he was probably never wanting to see her again.

Rose mentally kicked herself, what had gotten into her. She felt bad for spilling coffee on him, no doubt it was scalding. She wondered if he was ok with no burnt marks. Then again he was also pushing her like he always did when he wanted something.

Rose stifled a yawn, she needed a strong scalding coffee herself so it would wake her up before her next job. She pulled out her phone and opening her messages, again Ivory didn't reply. A string of one sided messages were on her phone to her best friend who wasn't replying to her. She knew Ivory was probably busy and had a good reason for not replying, but at the same time she was annoyed.

Would a simple, 'hey I'm alive but busy, talk later." really hurt?

Rose tucked away her phone and hung up her apron for the night, she had twenty minutes to change into her clingy black dress and head to the bar where no doubt she was going to be annoyed at every customer whose stare lingered on her for more than ten seconds.

* *

"Would you like another one?"

Adrian nodded, reaching for the cold beer that was placed on the counter in front of him.

She wasn't coming.

London was right.

He was wasting his time, and he was looking like a fool again. Adrian downed the beer in four easy sips before he reached for his jacket, heading back to his car.

She was making him look like a fool, again and again and he wasn't learning his lesson. He locked his car, leaning back in his chair and closing his eyes. Sometimes he wished he could take back the things he said, but other times he just thinks Rose was over reacting. Surely she can't ignore him forever, they were bound to run into each other all the time.

Her best friend was married to his cousin, was she going to avoid Ivory as well then? Adrian ran a hand over his face, waiting in the car just thinking for another hour or so before he drove home. He was still under the limit so he would be fine if he got breath tested.

Adrain walked into his massive, and alone, house. It was quiet, with minimal furnishings and it really wasn't him at all. He had let his parents decorate it since he barely used most of the functions in the house. It wasn't a home, far from it. He barely remembered the last time he would sit on that black pure leather couch that was imported from Italy, to watch T.V.

The kitchen might as well be called brand new as the only thing that got a work out was the microwave to warm up leftovers from Marge or microwave meals.

Adrian placed his keys on the table, before heading upstairs realising that perhaps he just needed to give up on Rose. What they had was good while it lasted, the very short time it was. Rose wasn't interested in him and perhaps he wasn't that interested in Rose either, he just wanted what he couldn't have and every time she pushed him back, he kept crawling back to her.

I know this is short but I'm working on chap 6 as I type this so it'll come soon. Follow me on my social media:

private insta: imsooverpolice

Author insta: nkpockett