4 - Official

Chapter 5 is up on Inkitt in 12 hours, and Next sunday on Wattpad. Show it some love otherwise feel free to wait if you would prefer Wattpad :)

"Did we really have to drive this far for a coffee?" London was breathless from walking from where Adrian parked their car to the cafe. Her back ached, and she was glad she had changed into her walking shoes for this.

"We do." Adrian held the door open to let London in before his eyes looked around the cafe. Gus said she was going to be here, yet he couldn't spot the familiar face.

They headed towards a small two seater in the corner. Adrian took the seat that gave him a clear view of the counter, and the people behind it. London reached for the water glass, trying to catch her breathe. She really didn't think it was this necessary to come all the way out of town for a coffee...but she knew it was better if she kept herself quiet.

Adrian reached for the menu, looking at what food options there were. "Are you hungry?"

"No, you just tried shoving most of that pastry down my throat so of course I'm not."

Adrian hmm'd to himself looking at the options, "More croissants maybe."

"Not for me boss."

"We'll see." His eyes flickered over the menu at the counter, no familiar face yet...

"Can I help you guys?" Adrian looked up at the masculine voice, a waiter ready to take his order.

"Uh yes can I get a hot cho-,"

"No, come back." Adrian waved him off and London looked at him. He was definitley up to something.

Adrian shoo'd the water the next two times till he finally saw the familiar face he wanted to talk to. It took Rose a few moments before she met his gaze, and he recognised the tightening of her jaw. Surely she should be more appreciative since he drove her home the other night.

"Right?" he thought out loud to himself.

"Hmm?" London asked. Adrian shook his head raising his hand.

"Can someone please take my order, we've been sitting here for twenty minutes."

London narrowed her eyes at him, "Are you serious right now?"

"Shh pregnant lady. You'll get your hot chocolate soon."

Rose sighed grabbing her notepad and walked over, "Sorry about the wait. What can I get you?"

"Can I get a hot ch-,"

"What are your recommendations?" Adrian asked.

Rose's eyebrows crinkled in confusion, "What do you mean? For coffee or?"

"I would like a coffee, but I would like something to go along with it. But I want it to depend on the type of coffee I get. What does your cafe make that's like your speciality."

Rose shifted on her feet, looking around the cafe, she almost wanted someone else to call out abruptly like Adrian did so she could get to it. "Muffin?"

"I don't like muffins."

"Toastie?"

"No."

"Croissant?"

"Already had one."

"What are you feeling like, savoury or sweet?" Rose asked, trying not to get annoyed.

"Neither, just curious what the speciality is so I can get it next time."

Rose's grip tightened on the pen, "Are you serious right now Adrian?" she asked annoyed. London looked between them, suddenly realising what was happening.

"Ohhhh," She said out loud, catching both their attention. "Can we get one hot chocolate and one long black. NO food." London quickly said before Adrian could.

Rose nodded walking away and Adrian pouted at her, "Are you serious I was having fun."

"What you were doing was annoying her." London narrowed her eyes at him, "What is wrong with you, you man child!"

"She's an old friend! I'm making conversation."

"Yeah...I could see. A bad one at that." Adrian rolled his eyes tapping on the table as he looked around the small cafe. There weren't many people getting anything at this time, but it was off peak.

Adrian shrugged, shifting in his seat restlessly as he waited for Rose to come back with their coffees.

There she was, with her signature frown balancing two coffees as she strode towards them.

"Can i get you anything else?" she placed the coffees in front of them. Adrian couldn't help but watch the strand brushing the side of her cheek, fallen out from it's place. His fingers itched to put it back.

"Yes."he said, and London groaned.

"You still haven't told me what's good here."

Rose sighed, "Stop it."

"Stop what?" Adrian asked confused.

"What do you want?" Rose questions him, crossing her arms across her chest, the action making Adrian cast his eyes down.

"Just something to eat."

"We both know that's not what you want."

Well, she had a point, but it wasn't like he could say you, that he wanted you. Instead Adrian shrugged, "Just trying to get to know the local cafes around here.

"If you don't want anything, I'm going to get back to my job before I get fired." finally Rose tucks that loose strand behind her ear, giving Adrian a full view of her annoyed, yet flustered face. And my...what a cute face it was.

"Wait!" Adrian nearly grabbed her, but luckily Rose waited.

"Coffee."

"Another one?" Rose asked confused, casting a look down to his steaming long black, it was untouched.

"Tonight. The usual spot."

There it was again, the frown, the narrowed eyebrows. "No."

Rose turned to leave and this time Adrian did grab her, around her wrist making her halt.

"Adrian." London warned, the same time Rose got annoyed, and flicked the steaming long black towards him.

Adrian let go, as the boiling liquid soaked through his pants.

"Fuck!"

Make sure to DM/Follow me on Insta; Imsooverpolice