Chapter Nine: Stranger Within, Part 2.

A/N: Hello, everyone. Welcome to part two! Enjoy the chapter!

EDITED ON JANUARY 13TH, 2018 @ 10:31PM

»»————- ✼ ————-««

CHAPTER NINE - STRANGER WITHIN, PART 2

𝓣𝙰𝙽𝙽𝙴𝚁

WE WERE ALL AT ROOT CORE. "Guys, I know you think you need to do this, but I'm all right. Please, let me out." Vida begged. "We're gonna help you, V. I promise." Chip told her. "Maybe... you should let her out." Clare said. That's when Vida showed her fangs.

"And maybe you shouldn't." Clare said, jumping back. "If Flytrap was destroyed, Vida should be fine. She must be under the spell of another vampire." Madison said. "What if it's Necrolai?" Chip asked. "Koragg would know that." Xander said.

"Nick, Koragg seems to be able to contact you whenever he likes. Have you ever tried to contact him?" Chip asked. "No. Well, I can try." Nick replied. He closed his eyes as he tried to focus. "I guess it doesn't work like—" Nick started off as he held his head again. "Next time, Chip, you can call him yourself. He's in the glen." Nick said.

"While you go after Koragg, there is something I need to do." Udonna said. "Who's gonna stay with V?" Madison asked. "I will." Clare replied. "Clare, she'll try everything and anything to get you to release her. You sure you're up for it?" Xander asked. "Don't worry. I am a lot smarter than I look. Or— never mind. I'll be fine. I promise." Clare said. "Where's Chip?" Nick asked when we saw he was gone.

We headed down to see Chip on the ground. "Chip!" Nick shouted. "Are you all right?" Madison asked. "If you are looking for the one who turned the pink witch into the vampire, look no further than Necrolai." Koragg informed. "Necrolai!" Madison said. "You're lying!" Chip added. "If you want the pink witch back, defeat Necrolai." Koragg said as he turned to leave. "Why are you telling us this?" Xander asked.

"If you are strong enough to defeat Necrolai and get the pink one back, then, and only then, have you earned the right to fight me." Koragg replied as he disappeared. "We'll play your game." Nick said. We headed back into Root Core. "Oh, no. Look." Madison said. We all saw Clare in the circle, Vida was not in site. "I knew it!" Xander said as we rushed up to her.

"I'm so sorry, but she got really sick and then she fainted—" Clare started to explain. "No need to explain, Clare." Nick told her. "I just thought, "What if something really bad happens? I would never forgive myself." So I just erased a little bit of the circle, and she got out." Clare finished explaining. "Well, at least she didn't bite you." Chip stated.

Clare gave us a look. "She didn't bite you, did she?" Chip asked. "No." Clare replied as she lifted up her hair to show us that she didn't have a bite mark. "But she put me in the circle. Please let me out." Clare said. Xander erased a part of the circle to let Clare out. Clare stepped out. "Thanks. Uh, I'd better find Udonna." Clare said as she disappeared. "I still say anyone with half a brain wouldn't have been tricked." Xander stated.

"Oh, hi, guys. I didn't here you come in. Gosh that Vida is a tricky one. She tried to convince me she was sick, but I—" The real Clare came out and we all looked back. "Hey, where did Vida go?" She asked. We all turned to Xander. "What was that half-brain theory of yours, again?" I asked him. "Oops." Xander said.

"What if we find Necrolai before Vida? How do we destroy her? Flytrap was one thing." Madison said. I silently groaned as I rubbed my head. My headaches disappeared when we destroyed Flytrap. But now they were back.

"Something tells me we're already too late." I think to myself. "Chip's book it's got to have a chapter on destroying vampires." Xander said. "Chapter 13. Basically, it's the old stake-in-the-heart scenario. Unless we're dealing the Queen of the Vampires." Chip said.