Chapter Eleven: The Gatekeeper, Part 1.

A/N: Hey, readers! I wasn't gonna add these two episodes of The Gatekeeper but since Morticon gets destroyed in the second part and its an introduction to Imperious, I figured I should. Enjoy the chapter!

EDITED ON JANUARY 17TH, 2019 @ 10:36PM

»»————- ✼ ————-««

CHAPTER ELEVEN - THE GATEKEEPER, PART 1

𝓣𝙰𝙽𝙽𝙴𝚁

WE ARRIVED AT THE PLACE where Necrolai was keeping Toby. "Back off, Rangers!" Necrolai said. We headed towards her as we began fighting her. Necrolai headed for Toby but Nick stopped her. "Out of my way." Necrolai said.

"What do you want with him?" Nick asked. "The Gatekeeper will be mine." Necrolai replied. "Gatekeeper?" Nick asked. "He possesses more power than all of you put together. I'll be back!" Necrolai said as she flew away. "What was she talking about?" Nick wondered out loud.

We all rushed into Root Core. "Udonna? Something weird is going on." Madison stated. "We just had a close encounter with Necrolai." Xander said. "She was looking for someone called the Gatekeeper." Chip added. "Do you have any clue who she's talking about?" Nick asked. Udonna turned to us. "The Gatekeeper was a powerful sorceress named Niella. She was my sister." Udonna replied.

"Niella cast a spell that sealed the gate and banished Morticon and his armies to the underworld. The spell was so strong that it depleted all of her life force. When the gate was lowered to the depths... Niella was gone." Udonna explained. "But her spirit lives on in my heart and through the legacy of her heir." Udonna continued.

"She had a child?" Madison asked. "Yes, and I fear that is who Necrolai is seeking." Udonna replied. "So, we have to find the child first and protect them." Vida informed. "You won't have to look far. Niella's daughter and the heir to the Gatekeeper's power... is Clare." Udonna said. That's when Clare appeared, whimpering nervously.

We were all at the Rock Porium. "I still can't believe it. Clare has legendary powers. Strong enough to lock up the forces of evil?" Madison said. "Or unlock them." Nick added. That's when Toby came in. "Guys, you're never gonna believe what happened to me today. I actually met—" Toby started off. That's when our morphers chimed.

"Sorry, I got to take this." Xander said as he took out his morpher. "Oh, no, It's Necrolai. She's shown up in the city plaza." Xander informed. "Let's go." Nick said as all of us followed him out. We were all morphed as we headed over to Necrolai. "Hold it right there!" Nick shouted. "I'm glad you could make it, Rangers." Necrolai stated. "You're never gonna find the Gatekeeper, so give it up." Vida exclaimed.

"Oh, I have a new plan. I'll let the Gatekeeper find me. Someone so noble would never stand by while the Rangers are being destroyed." Necrolai said. We all gasped in shock. "Do you like my new powers?" Necrolai asked. "Like this!" Nick yelled as he got out his staff.

"Magic Staff!" He shouted as he headed towards Necrolai but Necrolai was too fast and attacked him. "Nick! Are you alright?" Madison asked. Necrolai ended up attacking all of us as we fell to the ground. We continued fighting Necrolai. Chip, Xander, and I tried to kick Necrolai back but ended up being thrown to the ground.

"Foolish Rangers!" Necrolai said as she laughed evilly. "You're the fool if you think I'm giving up!" Nick shouted as he got up and headed to attack Necrolai. He blocked her attacks. "You'll never get the Gatekeeper while we're around!" He exclaimed. He began fighting Necrolai. But Nick ended up on the ground beside us.

"Nick!" Vida shouted. "You're beat, and no one has come to save you. Maybe there is no other Gatekeeper." Necrolai informed. That's when Necrolai suddenly got attacked. "What?" Necrolai said. That's when Clare showed up. "Wrong, Necrolai. My mother's spirit lives inside me." Clare stated.

"Clare!" Nick shouted. We all groaned as we got up. Clare put on the crown as she transformed. "Power of the Shining Moon! Behold — The Gatekeeper!" Clare shouted. "Incredible!" Nick said. "The oracle was right!" Necrolai said.

"So there is another. And my plan to draw you out has worked perfectly." Necrolai stated. "You're going to regret ever meeting me, witch." Clare informed as a staff appeared. Necrolai went to attack her but Clare blocked her attack. She sent her own attack towards Necrolai.

"My new powers! They've gone!" Necrolai exclaimed. "Clare! All right!" We all cheered for Clare as we rushed up to her. She looked at us with a serious look as we became focused again. "Let's give her a hand, Rangers." Nick said as we got into a fighting stance.

We all jumped into the air as we kicked Necrolai aside. Necrolai fell to the ground. "You will still lose, Rangers. I'll return!" Necrolai said as she flew away. "Great job, Clare. That was great." Nick said. "There's no time for that. Udonna's been captured." Clare informed. Suddenly, Nick groaned in pain. "Nick, what is it?" Vida asked.

"He wants to fight you— alone." Nick told Clare. "I accept." Clare answered. We were all at Root Core. "We shouldn't have let Clare go on her own." Madison stated. "You saw how she sent Necrolai running." Vida added. "Yeah." Nick said. We all turned to the crystal ball. "But Koragg is a whole other story." He said. We were all watching the battle from the crystal ball. Nick sighed.

We appeared to the battle morphed. "Koragg!" Chip shouted as he fired his crossbow. Vida came next. "Rangers?" Clare questioned. "You got it!" Chip said. "Do not interfere." Koragg said. Nick came up from behind us. "Mystic Force Fighters!" Nick shouted. "Spin attack!" Nick said as he went up in flames and attacked Koragg.

"Pick on someone your own size!" Nick informed. That's when Necrolai grabbed Clare. "Clare!" Nick shouted. "Stop!" Koragg said. "Let her go!" Nick said. "By the power of the Gatekeeper, let the gates rise up!" Necrolai said as Clare's head bracelet started glowing and the gate of the underworld started coming up.

"Oh, man, now what?" Nick said.

TO BE CONTINUED . . .

»»————- ✼ ————-««

A/N: There's part one! Hope you enjoyed!

Word Count: 1041 words.