Chapter Twenty-Six: Hard Heads.

A/N: We're so close to the end of this book. I'm so excited! Enjoy!

EDITED ON MAY 27TH, 2019 @ 9:53PM

»»————- ✼ ————-««

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX - HARD HEADS

𝓣𝙰𝙽𝙽𝙴𝚁

WE WERE ALL AT ROCK Porium as I was helping Xander. "You guys need a soda break? I'll take the register for a while." Leelee offered. "No thanks. Uh, we— we got this." I replied. "Yeah, we don't need your help." Xander added.

Leelee walked away. "Vida is in a groove today." I said as I took the book from Xander. "Unh-Unh. Check it out. Looks like there's a new DJ in town." Xander said as I saw Nick at the DJ booth. "Oh, Vida is gonna freak when she sees him." I stated. The door opened and Vida appeared.

She went up to Nick. "Hey." Vida said. "What's up, V?" Nick asked. "You're on my tables — that's what's up." Vida replied. "Oh, didn't think you'd mind." Nick said. "Yeah, well, you thought wrong. I do mind. Look, I had the levels set exactly where I like them. Now they're all over the place, and this stylus is really sensitive. If you're not careful, you could ruin the needle." Vida informed.

"Okay, don't blow a fuse! Technically, this isn't your equipment. It belongs to the store, so we can all use it. Right, Toby?" Nick asked. "But I'm the one who takes care of the equipment. Right, Toby?" Vida asked. "Well, I, uh..." Toby stuttered. "Anyone, uh, heard of this new Cameron McIver CD?" Toby asked. Madison walked up to them.

"Guys, guys, this is a ridiculous thing to argue about. Why don't you just apologize to each other and just drop it?" Madison asked. "You're right, sis. I'm willing to say "sorry" if Nick does." Vida replied.

"No, no, after you — I insist." Nick said. "Well, I'm not going to!" Vida said. "Guys, you need to cool down, okay? So maybe you want to take it outside or — I don't know — But you're creating a real bummer scene in here." Toby said. Vida just walked away and so did Nick. We ended up joining Nick and Vida.

"Nick, Vida, are you all right?" Daggeron asked. "We're fine." Nick and Vida replied. "You shouldn't have called your friends. Now I have to stomp all of you!" Hekatoid said. He then grew big. "Let's get him, guys! Code three!" Nick shouted. "Legend of the Sky, Mystic Firebird!" Nick shouted.

"Legend of the Jungle, Mystic Lion!" Xander, Chip, Madison, Vida, and I shouted. We then got into our Megazord while Daggeron got into his Megazord. "Whoa! It's time for the selection ceremony! Lucky for you, I have to go!" Hekatoid said as he disappeared. We were all at Root Core. "We got to find out what that toad's plan is. Was there anything unusual about him?" Xander asked.

"Yeah, he slimed us with some gross toad juice." Nick replied. "Ugh. Toads." Madison said, disgusted. "But it didn't do anything to us." Vida informed. "Yeah, she's still as wrong as she ever was." Nick said. "For the last time, you are the one that's wrong." Vida told him.

"There must have been a side effect to that frog juice. You guys are obviously under some sort of "I can't stand your guts" spell." Chip stated. "No, that pretty much happened before the slime." Vida said. My head was hurting like crazy. I wasn't sure if it was because of Nick and Vida arguing or I was getting a vision again.

"Guys, with Udonna gone, now is not the time for fighting. Like it or not, you two are gonna have to work together." Madison told them. Nick looked at Vida. "Fine!" Nick said as he turned around. "Fine." Vida also said as she turned around as well. We saw that the curtain opened up and one of the 10 Terrors appeared.

"My name is S-Serpentina, and I am here to destroy your world! My pretty babies are full of venom and ready to s-s-strike!" Serpentina informed as Daggeron appeared in his Megazord. We saw Daggeron fighting her. "Come on, Let's Ranger up." Nick said. "Magical Source, Mystic Force!" We all yelled. Xander, Chip, Madison and I morphed but Nick and Vida didn't.

"Why didn't we morph?" Vida asked. "Chip was right. This has something to do with that frog sliming us." Nick replied. "Daggeron needs our help. We'll figure out this morphing malfunction later. Let's go!" Xander said. Xander, Madison, Chip and I changed into our Zords. The four of us fell to the ground. Serpentina ended up falling to the ground. Serpentina went to attack Nick and Vida but Daggeorn got to her in time. "What did you do to him?" Vida asked.

"You'll see!" Serpentina replied as Jenji went back into his lamp. "Hey, what's happening to—" Jenji started to say before he turned to stone. "Oh, no!" Daggeron exclaimed. "Jenji!" Chip shouted. "Soon, my s-s-snakes will bite everyone in the human world. And when my shield activates, they will all turn to stone." Serpentina said.

"You're not gonna get away with this." Vida informed. "If you want to keep fighting, you'll have to play by my rules. Come to my s-s-s-serpent dimension." Serpentina said as she disappeared. "Jenji, I know what you're going through." Madison said. "We have to defeat Serpentina to break the spell. That's what worked on you, Maddy." Vida said.

"Then we must follow her into her dimension. Xander, Madison, Chip, Tanner, you're with me." Daggeron said. "Wait. What about us?" Nick asked. "We can't leave the rest of the city unprotected." Daggeron answered as we followed him. We finally arrived in the dimension. "It's another crazy dimension." Madison said.

"Yeah, it's the Serpentina arena." Chip agreed. "Keep your wits about you. Lets split into two groups and find Serpentina. Chip, Madison, you're with me. Tanner, you're with Xander. Be careful. Serpentina is very cunning." Daggeron said as we split into our groups with Chip and Madison following Daggeron while I followed Xander.

"Oh, I don't like this place at all." Xander said. "That makes two of us. Plus I have a thing about snakes." I stated as a bunch of snakes fell on us from the trees. "Xander!" I shouted as I grabbed onto his arm, holding my staff and Xander was trying to move the snakes away with his.

"They're everywhere!" Xander exclaimed. I grabbed onto Xander as we both screamed. All of us ended up being released when Nick destroyed Serpentina. Xander, Chip, Madison, and I were in Legendary mode. "Way to go, Nick!" Vida said. "Thanks." Nick said.

Serpentina stood up. "You Rangers — I'll swallow you like ants!" Serpentina exclaimed as she grew big. "Legend of the Sky, Mystic Firebird!" Nick shouted. "Legend of the Jungle, Mystic Lion!" Xander, Chip, Madison, Vida, and I shouted.

We got into our Megazord while Daggeron got into his Megazord. "Come to me my s-s-sweet snakes!" Serpentina ordered as snakes started appearing. "Now attack the city!" Serpentina ordered but Daggeron stopped her. He ended up catching her shield in his furnance blast. Her snakes ended up disappearing.

Serpentina then changed into her snake form. She wrapped herself around our weapon. "It's us-s-s-eless! You can't get away!" Serpentina said. "Fire Tornado!" Nick and Vida shouted as it got Serpentina out of her snake form. "Legend Striker Spin Attack!" We all shouted. "If you think you've won, you're wrong. Megahorn will get you back for this! I s-s-swear!" Serpentina said as she was destroyed.

We were all at the Rock Porium as Vida and Toby were dancing to what Nick was playing. That is until Nick and Vida started arguing who's fault it was. I shook my head at them as I suddenly got a huge headache. I saw Nick as Koragg fighting Leanbow. And The Master rising as both the human world and the magic world held hands.

Xander looked at me worriedly. "You okay, Tanner?" He asked.

"Yeah, I think so..."

»»————- ✼ ————-««

A/N: Another update done! Hope you enjoyed!

Word Count: 1360 words.