From Heads Unworthy

I'm not after fame and fortune

I'm after you

When I serve my time I swear I'll...

Come back for you

Rise Against - From Heads Unworthy (Appeal To Reason)

"Simon, calm down." Maia said. "Put that down. Bat, do something."

Her boyfriend and Simon's partner grabbed the unopened bottle of tequila from Simon and handed it to Maia. "Now, amigo, calm down. What's the problem?"

"Jace is back in town." Simon said, teeth clenched. "Your girlfriend told him where I lived."

"Oh." Bat looked at Maia. "That Jace?"

"There's only one Jace." Simon growled. "He wanted to 'talk'. And Alec was mean about it. I'm not speaking to him."

"Alec is your lawyer." Maia said, "You can't give him the silent treatment."

"I can too." Simon said stubbornly. He couldn't, but he was upset.

He was at Maia's apartment. Normally he would have gone to Magnus's for breakfast but Jace was there, so no.

"Why don't you...?" Maia started.

"You sent him to my home." Simon glared at her. "Is this because I hooked up with your assistant?"

Maia rolled her eyes. "Calm down, Simon. It's Jace...he just wants to talk."

"Will you talk to Kyle?" Simon asked, smugly.

"No." she and Bat said at the same time.

"Exactly." Simon smiled.

"Not the same thing." Maia growled. "Stop being a baby...talk to him. I'll get Lily to set up a lunch thing. An hour, tops. Listen to what he has to say. Then we move on from there..."

"What if he wants me back?" Simon whispered. "He said he missed me."

Maia and Bat looked at each other. "Let's crawl before we fly, sweetie."

As usual, his friends were no help.

***

"Simon, it's better this way." Jace had followed him as he walked slowly back to his car.

"It's better this way?" Simon turned on him. "I love you, you fucking asshole. But don't worry, I'll hate you soon enough. Then, you tell me if it's 'better this way'." He said the last part in a falsetto, mocking his recent ex-boyfriend. "Go away, Jace. I'm going home. I hope you find what you are looking for. "

"Simon. I'm sorry." Jace said; his face stricken. "I-I...you'll see what I mean."

"Fuck you."

***

Jace was waiting when Simon got to the restaurant. Simon slowly made his way to where he sat and cleared his throat.

"Hey."

Jace stood up and turned to look at him. "Hey, Si..."

Simon rolled his eyes and sat down. "Trust me, I didn't want to come." He sighed. "Alec says to deal with it. So here I am."

Jace sighed. "How gracious of you..."

Simon fluttered his eyes. "Anything for you, princess." A waiter came over to their table and took their order. When he left, Simon leaned back in his chair and looked at Jace.