Audience of One

I brought down the sky for you but all you did was shrug

You gave my emptiness a name

And you ran away

Rise Against - Audience of One (Appeal To Reason)

*********

The applause was loud and beautiful.

His heart was racing and he was shaking.

He looked to his left again and saw Alec standing behind Maia. He gave him a two fingered salute and grinned.

"That was freakin' awesome!!" Maia squealed. "You looked so hot out there. And that song...oh wow!"

His ears were still ringing.

"I don't get the appeal..." Alec said, ruffling his hair. "But I have to admit, you looked good out there. Just get me stuff for Magnus; he made me promise."

"Talk to Bat." Simon grinned. He noticed Alec was staring at him curiously. "What?"

"You and Jace, huh?"

Simon paled and swallowed hard. "H-He told you?"

"Yep." Alec said, his expression neutral. "You two need to talk."

"I know, I know." Simon sighed. "When I get back home...I'm still buzzed."

Alec looked like he wanted to say something, but then he just nodded. "Again, great show."

"I know." Simon grinned.

*

Simon was humming as he made his way back to his hotel room. He wanted to take a shower and get rid of all the make-up Maia insisted he use before the show. Then he was going to join his friends downstairs for a celebratory drink.

"This is what you live for, isn't it?" Simon screamed when he heard the voice come from the other side of the bed.

"Jesus! Are you trying to kill me?" Simon snapped, clutching his chest.

Jace chuckled. "Sorry." He didn't sound sorry.

"You don't sound sorry." Simon grumbled. "What are you doing here? How did you know where to find me?"

"Alec." Jace said.

Of course.

"I take it you saw the show?" Simon said, taking off his jewelry and attempting to take of his shirt.

"You were great." Jace breathed. "I can't believe I hooked up with a Rockstar."

Simon sucked in a breath. "Jace..."

"We're going to talk." Jace said firmly. "So take a shower, I'll be here when you're done."

For some reason, that filled Simon with dread, but he nodded and walked into the bathroom, closing the door and leaning against it.

Jace was here.

He thought he had at least a few days to sort out his thoughts before talking to Jace about what had happened but he was here. Just on the other side of the door.

Alec.

Simon growled.

What was it with his friends and ambushing him?

***

Simon was amazing, as usual, if not more so.

Watching him in his element was like staring at...at...hell, he couldn't even say. Simon was just amazing. It was just so easy to forget he was mad at him.