Chapter 3

So I was absolutely BLOWN away by the support and requests to continue Nora and Brendan's story, I had never envisioned this story being all that popular, but I feel obligated now to at least write it through to Emma's wedding (and maybe beyond if the mood strikes). Thank you for all your comments and votes thus far, they're what made this chapter happen <3 Meghan

"Don't be ridiculous, there's nothing going on between the two of us."

    Nora stomped around the room, her phone pressed to her ear, as she set out various dresses. It had been roughly two weeks since the bachelor/bachelorette party and tonight was the rehearsal, followed immediately by the rehearsal dinner.

    "That sounds an awful lot like denial," Emma chided her teasingly over the phone.

    Nora groaned, tossing a pair of shoes on the foot of her bed. Despite having her wedding to worry about, Emma had taken an avid interest in Nora's romantic life, or "lack thereof" as Nora constantly referred to it.

    "I haven't spoken to or seen him since the party where, as I keep reminding you, nothing happened!"

    "Nope. Nothing," Emma agreed cheerfully, "You both just came out of the closet looking flushed and guilty. But obviously nothing happened... except you already drunkenly confessed that you both grinded on-

    "No, no, no, that's not what happened. We kissed."

    "You made out-"

    "It was perfectly tame-"

    "Like horny rabbits-"

    "Emma!"

    "And then you went on about how hot he was and how you needed to get laid and damn, does he seem like he'd be good at it-"

    "Oh, hey, look at the time, shouldn't you be getting ready for YOUR wedding rehearsal?"

    Nora couldn't help but smile at the peals of laughter coming through her phone. The only reason she was truly allowing this line of teasing to continue was because she knew it was stress relief for Emma to not focus so intently on her upcoming nuptials. With the wedding coming up so quickly, Emma had been calling Nora constantly to vent about her frustrations, everything from catering to whether or not she picked the right dress. Getting her mind off the subject for even a couple minutes was the least Nora could do, even if it was at her own expense.

    "Alright, alright, I'll leave you to it for now. After all, you guys will be seeing each other real soon..."

    Nora rolled her eyes, "We probably won't even say more than a few words to one another, so don't get your hopes up."

    "Oh, didn't I tell you? I arranged it so you and Brendan are walking down the aisle together. Okay, love you, see you soon, bye!"

    "What?! Emma!"

    Nora growled in frustration and glared down at her phone. Emma had conveniently hung up on her after dumping that information. With a loud groan, Nora fell face first into her bed, not caring about the clothes she had laid down on it. It wasn't that she was opposed to seeing Brendan again, but after two weeks of radio silence she assumed that he wasn't interested.

    Nora flipped onto her back and blew out a long breath, staring at her ceiling. Being the journalist that she was, she had naturally done some research on him a few days after they met. Turns out, Brendan Walker owned his own business, a popular club downtown called Ice that was known for bringing in celebrities and catering to a higher end crowd. There was even a list to get in and the line for those not on the list was always wrapped around the building. Nora had tried to go there herself once, thinking she could write a story on the piece and possibly grab the attention of her editor, but decided to give up after 3 hours of waiting in line.