Chapter 4

I had the day off and I was able to write a little more,  so you get back to back updates! Enjoy! <3 Meghan

 The wedding entourage eventually made their way over to the church for the rehearsals. Emma's original plan was to have the groom's two best friends paired up with her two close friends, followed by his brothers with her family members. However, since they had switched partners, Theresa and Brendan would be walking directly in front of Nora and Bradley, much to Nora's disappointment. Nora couldn't help shooting a dirty look in her direction, still angry at her for upsetting Emma the day before her wedding. Theresa, oblivious to any animosity, merely stood texting on her phone.

Bradley was busy talking with his brothers and the father of the bride while Nora walked around, secretly hoping to start soon. From behind her, she heard Cindi and her mother trying to calm Emma, who seemed to be in a panic about something.

"Father Joe was supposed to meet us here, why isn't he here?" she was saying, pacing back and forth.

Father Joseph, fondly called Father Joe by the congregation, was a wonderful priest beloved by the community, but was notorious for being late to everything outside of mass times. A fact Cindi gently reminded her sister of. Jason, meanwhile, had gone with his father to the front of the church to search for the wayward priest to help ease his bride's mind.

"Humph, he better not be late to the wedding or I'll track him down myself," Emma's mother said, showing where Cindi and Emma got their protective and spirited nature from. Suddenly, Emma began to look around frantically, patting her body as though she forgot that her dress didn't have pockets.

"Shit, shit, shit, I forgot the schedule!" Emma moaned, looking to be near tears again.

"Where did you leave it?" Her mother asked.

"I left it on the table where Cindi did my makeup."

"Then I'll just run and get it," Cindi assured her.

"Let me," Nora interjected, weaving her way over, "You stay here, Cindi, that way we can still start once Father Joe gets here."

Cindi gave her a grateful smile and turned back to her sister, encouraging her to do some deep breathing while her mother left to see if Jason and his father had any luck. Nora bit back a grin as she exited the church, finding her friend's panic to be endearing rather than annoying or frustrating. The two of them complimented each other in that way, Emma brought Nora out of her shell and Nora was there to be the calming influence in her life. Emma had even told Jason that her and Nora were a package deal, one that Jason said he gladly accepted, fully aware that Nora was "Emma's heterosexual life-mate," as he fondly referred to her as.

Nora made her way into the room where Emma had left her things. She found the schedule tucked under the makeup case, thankfully with minimal makeup marks on it. Before exiting the room, Nora did a quick check of her own appearance. Her dress was short-sleeved, black sparkling lace over beige, with a high collar. She paired it with lacy heels that zipped up in the back over the ankle. Despite not being the greatest as far as hairstyles go, Nora had managed to pull off an elegant up-do, one she was hoping didn't fall apart on her. Paired with smoky eyes and some dark, metallic earrings and she was feeling pretty confident about herself.

As she made her way down the hall, she felt one of her heels loosen, which meant the zipper on the back had managed to work it's way down again. Despite being one of her favorite pair of shoes, this did tend to happen frequently when she wore them.

Nora laid a hand on the wall next to the doorway to the main room and raised her leg up so she could reach her heel. Normally the zipper came up right away, but now it seemed to have snagged on something.