Seven

"You're doing great Izzie."Iris said.

"You're sure this will work?" Izzie asked. She watched as Caitlyn smiled and nodded. Izzie adjusted the headband that read her brainwaves. Step up from wires surounding her making her feel like a christmas tree. Especially if she end up getting blown away by her own power again.

Izzie put her hand out and closed her eyes picturing it again. She needed to do more. She'd done it before but she only created a little shield in front of herself. She needed one to go all around her. So she couldn't be hurt in any direction. It took a while but she did it. Then they asked her to create it over another object. She felt the block with with no idea how to get rid of it. She closed her eyes trying to focus.

Or she couldn't do what she needed to. She couldn't hurt the ones who hurt her before. She could find a way to get revenge on the people who've hurt her. Who've made her lose everything that's mattered to her.

"Ryan..."The tears rolled down her face. She held him close. She held him until she heard the sirens and saw the light but blocked it all out. She looked at the face of the boy she wanted to see smile again. The boy that made her smile. The boy who swept her off her feet. "Ryan..."

"Miss," She heard the officers voice. It sounded far away even though he was close. "Miss," She put her forehead to his.

"No...stay with me. Please don't leave me." She begged to pull him closer. She didn't even care the blood on her hand transfered to his face.

"Miss, look at me." Izzie finally looked at him. He was young, maybe a rookie. He got on his knees on the other side of Ryan. He saw the pain in her eyes. It was the only thing present in her face. Pain. He'd never seen so much pain. "You need to come with me." He said.

"I can't...He needs me."She gripped onto his jacket. She held him tight again."I can't leave him."

"He's gone." Izzie shook her head. "I'm sorry he's gone but you're not. I need you to come with me." She saw the coroner behind him holding the tarp."It's time." Izzie started to put Ryan down oh so gently. She saw the blood that covered her pants, her shirt, her shoes. She put her hand in the officers and he helped her up, her tears only falling more as she walked away looking back at the boy she loves lay dead on the ground being covered by a yellow tarp and police tape off the area.

"Whoa!"Izzie was pushed back hitting the wall with a force she remembered all too well from the first time. She watched as Caitlyn and Iris came into her view followed by Barry. "You okay?" Iris asked. Izzie just took a moment to breathe as the pain started to settle in.

"Never better." They all helped her up and she looked at the podium that had a ball on it. "Let's try again."

"Are you kidding me." Iris stepped in front of her. "You were just blown across the room and you're going to try it again?"

"Yes. You fall down, you get up. Barry does it why can't I?"

"Barry heals fast." Iris said blanky. Izzie just rolled her eyes as she tried to stretch out the pain.

"Izzie," Caitlyn said. "Your vitals spiked again. The same as the last time this happened. You saw something that is making this happen."

"What are you seeing?" Iris asked. Izzie crossed her arms. Even with the short time she's been with them, she knew that they wouldn't give up. Barry and Iris already worry about her enough at night waking up screaming. "Iz, it's okay you can trust us,"

"My boyfriend. Ryan. Lately I close my eyes and no matter how hard I fight it...I see the night he died. I don't know why but thats what comes when I try to picture my powers. Bits and pieces of that night.."