Chapter 10

Chapter 10

“So did you two make up?” Jess began with her questioning right after we came out of our room the next morning.

She kept raising her eyebrows, and bumping her elbow against mine.

“We did,” Aaron replied with a grin, wrapping his arm over my shoulder.

Jess squealed, clapped her hands, and told Ronnie, “I told you so”.

“Honestly, how do you put up with her for longer than an hour or two?” Aaron asked Ronnie.

I laughed, while Jess frowned at him.

“I wonder that myself every day,” Ronnie teased, which earned him a hard slap from Jess.

“Where are we going?” I asked after we left the hotel.

Instead of heading to Aaron’s car, we made our way down the street.

“We are going downtown, right?” Jess asked, looking like she was expecting a ‘yes’ to her question.

“Yup,” Aaron replied.

“TJ and Sandy are sleeping in late,” Ronnie informed us.

“Ugh, I don’t want to talk about them,” Jess told me, as she linked her arm with mine and walked ahead.

Her comment was news to me, but I hardly knew anything about them. I joined Jess without hesitation, now wondering why she wasn’t too excited about TJ and Sandy.

“I wanna come in here!” Jess excitedly said, shaking me since we were still linked in our arms.

“I don’t want to go in there,” Ronnie complained when Jess stopped at the first clothing store in the block.

The color pink was everywhere, which was something I didn’t expect from Jess. She had more a bohemian look.

I wasn’t sure if she really wanted to go in, or if she wanted to simply piss off Aaron and Ronnie.

“Do you wanna go in?” Aaron asked me, as he came to stand by my side.

He was wearing a black polo shirt, with some smug jeans, and a pair of converse.

His hair was still slightly wet from the shower this morning. The color of his shirt made his eyes look more green than hazel. I was mesmerized by them for a moment, before I noticed the grin on his lips.

“Huh?” I asked, forgetting what he’d initially asked.

“Do you want to go in the store?” He asked, pointing at the store.

Jess was nodding at me, while Ronnie was shaking his head.

“Uh, sure,” I said, which made Jess full on grin.

She began poking fun at Ronnie.

“I don’t mind going in either,” Aaron shrugged.

“C’mon dude, I don’t want to be seen in there,” Ronnie groaned, looking at Aaron pleadingly.

“You guys can go somewhere else. We can catch up later on,” I suggested.

Jess had already made her way inside the store, while Ronnie and Aaron stood around.

“I want to stay with you,” Aaron said, focusing his gaze on me.

I blushed at his words, feeling my heart melt with the look he was giving me.