Chapter 17

Chapter 17

“Maybe you should take me back,” I told Aaron.

We had just pulled into a street that was making me shrink back into the seat of Aaron’s car. All of the houses, which were really mansions, bordering on something else, were beautiful. I had been aware Aaron was wealthy, but the street we were on had proved just how much.

“It’ll be fine, I hope,” Aaron said, and he chuckled when I cringed at his words.

“If you want to leave, just say the words. You’ll be my excuse to leave early,” Aaron told me, bringing our joined hands to his lips.

 “Do you think she’ll hate me?’

“My mom?”

I nodded, fearing Aaron’s reply.

“She wouldn’t dare,” Aaron said, and I picked up on the edge in his voice.

“You sound too sure, that only gets me more nervous,” I whined.

“I can’t explain my parents to you. They’re just different,” Aaron said.

When he pulled up to the massive mansion that was his home, I couldn’t help but feel out of place.

“Whoa….” I mumbled.

Aaron’s house wasn’t far away from campus. For a moment I wondered why he didn’t just live at home. If I had the chance to stay with my parents, I would’ve taken it without a second thought. Aaron seemed to want to be as far away from his parents as he could.

“This is my mom for you,” Aaron said, rolling his eyes at the impressive structure in front of us.

“It’s beautiful.”

And it was. It was absolutely breathtaking. The house was colored in different shades of gray, and outlined with a white color. It was large and imposing, almost intimidating. Maybe it was because of how grand it was, and the fact that the outside area was spacious as well.

“You’ll get used to it,” Aaron said.

“I don’t think I could.”

I was still staring at the house when Aaron opened the car door for me.

“A good way to get on my mom’s good grace is complementing her, and all the useless crap she does,” Aaron said.

“Aaron,” I scolded him.

Instead of getting mad, he grinned at me and slid his arm around my waist.

“Annabel,” he mimicked in the same tone.

“That’s really mean.”

“Yeah, you’ll be agreeing with me after this dinner is over,” Aaron said.

“Mom!” Aaron yelled as soon as we entered the house.

Just like the outside, the inside was clean, neat, and tidy. There were only enough decorations to not leave the house bare, but it still looked elegant.

“They’re not home yet.” Jordan, Aaron’s brother, was walking down the staircase.

“Hey man,” Aaron said.

“Sup dude,” Jordan greeted him, but he was grinning at me.

“So you’re Annabel?” Jordan asked, cocking an eyebrow at me. There was a teasing look in his eyes, a look that made him seem a lot younger than he really was.