The wedding

Walking down the hall, questions began popping in my head making me rethink going there

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Walking down the hall, questions began popping in my head making me rethink going there. What if it never works out between us? What if he never likes me? What if it's all a conspiracy? What if I'm left unhappy forever? What if... Soon my head became a warzone of several 'what ifs', and the war slowly made its way through my mouth to my heart as my mouth felt dry, and my heart pounded against my ribcage like a mad prisoner ready to break free.

The door opened, and I stood there, my feet seemed to have frozen. A squeeze in my hand made me look up.

"Everything will be alright, princess," dad assured with a smile on his face.

Nodding, I stepped into the red carpet and walked through the aisle. There were few people present, sitting in the benches chattering. All heads turned towards me, men sending smiles while the women decided on glares. From between, the identical faces of my twin aunts stood out as they waved at me. Sending them a smile, I gulped the lump formed in my throat and diverted my gaze elsewhere. Being the center of attention was never my fantasy.

With another squeeze from dad, I focused on the fine architecture of the stupendous hall. The pristine white walls were decorated with the same golden patterns at the top, and fresh flowers adorned antique vases around every corner, golden chandeliers hanging from the ceiling.

My eyes caught the sight of Mr. King sitting on the front row, a victorious tint laced on his face while accompanying him was his wife, Mrs. Juliana King, a fluffy white cat graced her lap as she patted its head and shot everyone judging looks. On his left sat the granny with her signature smile. They looked like a royal family in their elegant clothes and composed postures. I looked around to check if servants in white dresses came running with fruits in gold platters and fed them grapes like those in ancient Greek kingdoms.

But nah, no servant was around.

Shaking my head at the silly thought, I glanced up expecting to see the dark sea-green eyes of my soon-to-be husband, instead met a pair of warm brown ones.

A guy in a black tux and a dimpled smile approached us.

"May I?" He offered his hand.

Dad nodded, kissed my forehead and moved to where mom was sitting.

I took his hand, my brows knitting back as I scanned my eyes about, sighting no sign of the arrogant devil.

"Hi! I am Matthew Rainor, Hunter's best friend." His smile broadened.

"Hello! I am Ember."

"You look gorgeous."

"Thanks." I returned his smile and halted as we reached the end of the aisle.

Ana and Beth stood behind me with bouquets in their hands, and matching frowns. Beth leaned in and whispered, "Is he the bride?"

I bit my lip, ominous thoughts swarming my mind. I neither told Ana nor Beth about the circumstances of this marriage in case they decided to venture on a killing rampage.