Liliana and Matty?

Donna was serving everyone breakfast as I sat there awaiting my doom

Donna was serving everyone breakfast as I sat there awaiting my doom. My food was untouched, and my heart hammered in my chest. Any minute now I would be caught like a deer in the headlights. I could spot the sinister smirk dancing on Hunter's face since he appeared on the table.

That son of a bloody bachelor!

"Donna, my chocolate mousse," Julia spoke.

I gulped. Oh no!

"Yes, ma'am."

As if time slowed down, with every step Donna took, Hunter's smirk broadened, and my eyes widened. She placed the bowl in front of Julia and uncovered the lid.

Like the earth on a sunny day, Julia's face lit up as she shoved a spoonful of mousse in her mouth. "Mhm... Donna, did we change the cook or something? How did his boring mousse get so good today?"

I let out the breath I was holding. Phew! She liked my recipe.

I gazed at Hunter. This time I was the one smirking while the one on his face fell. I was vindicated, and I won. Right at your face, Hunter William King! What did he think? I would sit and cry? Ha! I learned from the very best. My mom made the most excellent desserts. No wonder the customers at her bakery shop called her the dessert queen.

Last night after he left, I made some mousse myself and kept the bowl in it's previous place. It was hard finding the necessary stuff in that large kitchen with so many cupboards and supplies at first, but eventually, I did it. I didn't wanna face the wrath of Julia first thing in the morning. As Donna told me, Julia ate chocolate mousse every Friday and then spent the rest of the day in the gym.

The unfortunate life of the models.

***

"You should have seen his face. It was a sight to behold." I cackled to Ana and Beth on the phone.

"Served him right!" Ana sneered.

"Don't tell me you didn't take a picture," Beth whined.

I laughed. "I will next time."

"I miss you girls." Ana sighed.

"Me too. Wanna meet at our usual place?"

"Um… I won't be able to come. I… I'm taking Lia to a date."

At Beth's revelation, I and Ana awed.

"You go enjoy your date. I and Em will enjoy ours."

"Hey! Don't enjoy too much without me, or I'll fill your sinuses with dog pee."

"Ew!"

I chuckled, shaking my head at their silliness. "Alright. Enjoy your day, Beth, and Ana, I'll meet you there at 10:30." I hung up the phone.

Putting on a blue sundress, I took my purse and descended down the stairs, shoes dangling from my fingers when my eyes fell on the slumped figure sitting on the sofa. "Matt?" I walked towards him.