Chocolate mousse

"Julia ma'am doesn't like the name Julie, yet Karen ma'am keeps calling her that," Bella said, her dainty build shaking from laughter along with mine as she shared the two women's battle tale

"Karen's a savage!" I commented, somewhat proud at her boldness even at this age.

"They're always ripping each other's hair, and poor Mr. King, sir gets crushed between them. It's so funny to watch."

My smile tightened at the mention of Mr. King. "Yeah." Poor, my foot!

Bella was helping me unload my suitcases and arrange the clothes in the closet. The war between Julia and Karen was certainly hilarious to watch as per Bella stated. I shouldn't be praying so, but I very much looked forward to witnessing more of that comedy war. My eyes darted to her as something else crossed my mind.

"Tell me about Hunter."

The weather of the room dropped, and Bella's face paled as her hand tightened around my folded shirt. "H-he is so scary, I hide everytime I see him."

Putting the last dress in the closet, I closed the door and looked at her, my brows knitting.

She continued, "One day he almost killed a maid who accidentally spilled coffee on him."

My eyes rounded. "What?"

"Yeah! If it wasn't for Matthew sir, he'd have killed the poor girl," she said, horror filled her eyes, perhaps recalling the scene.

Goosebumps rose in the back of my neck. What did I sign up for?

The next morning I woke up early and decided to go to the gym to release some of the stress. Putting on a black sports bra and a pair of yoga pants, I tied my hair into a ponytail and jogged to the gym room. As soon as I stepped inside, a deep masculine voice reached my ears, halting me in my heels.

"....256, 257, 258...."

My eyes landed on the lean figure down on the floor, his pressed palms raising his bare body up and down. The muscles in his arms contracted with each movement as the veins popped under his silky smooth skin. My jaw almost dropped to the floor as the numbers being counted registered in my mind. He didn't even sound out of breath.

Lately my mouth's been hanging open a lot. Hopefully it'll stay in shape.

"Enjoying the view?" a hushed voice whispered from behind.

I jumped, a gasp leaving my mouth and turned around. Karen stood there, her lips quirked up in a smirk and brows waggling. My cheeks heated up. "N-no I-I was just err... going to exercise!"

She let out a chuckle. "Suure! Come on!" She trudged forward, and sheepishly, I followed behind.

Hunter tilted his head, regarding us and straightened back to his feet. If my heart was riding on a merry-go-round before, now it boarded a rollercoaster. I watched as sweat trickled down his sculpted face, down his chiseled chest to his perfectly toned six pack torso and disappeared into his pants along with the dark line of hair. I sucked in a sharp breath, so tempted to run my hand over each inch of that skin.