Chapter 32: The CIA Returns In Full Force

I was sitting on the top of the empty grocery store and watched as zombies passed by. The grocery store had been robbed and there was absolutely nothing edible inside. My stomach rumbled at the idea of food. It had been four days since I had eaten anything and a week since I got a decent meal.

"How the hell did you get up there?" Ashley yelled up to me. I looked down and saw her, Miranda, and Morgan staring up to me.

"Magic!" I yelled back. Ashley looked around and her eyes lit up.

"Got it," She said and her, Miranda, and Morgan made their way up the side of the building.

"Where have you been?" Morgan asked as soon as she hoisted herself onto the warm roof.

"I didn't want to deal with any of the boys," I sighed. Miranda nodded.

"Why is Cory such a jerk? Granted, he was a jerk pre apocalypse but never this bad!" I said.

"He thought that you died. And Kyle snapped and almost killed Cory. Kyle said Cory should have been right by you. Since then Cory has been pretty quite and... weird. Whenever he did talk it was almost always an insult," Miranda said.

"Yeah, well Cory needs to suck it up and learn to not be a jerk or else I'm going to knock him out with a loaf of bread," I said. Ashley, Miranda, and Morgan laughed and after a moment I joined them.

"I never asked. What was it like? Being alone?" Ashley asked.

"You had to watch your back 24/7. You weren't smart to fall asleep anywhere unless it was somewhere with a fence. You had to constantly be practicing your fighting techniques to make sure they were flawless. Any zombies you came across, you had to kill. In other words it was a living hell," I said and shuddered at the memory.

"So that's why they refer to you as "The Bad Ass"!" Miranda said. Ashley smiled.

"Really? That name picked up?" I asked with a laugh. It felt good to laugh.

"Hells ya. Nothing else describes you so perfectly!" Ashley said and I laughed again.

"So, where are you going to go?" Morgan asked. I looked at her and sighed.

"I have no idea. But I do have to leave. There are too many people that want me dead," I said. A confused look crossed Miranda and Morgan's face but a sad look full of understanding crossed Ashley's.

"Maybe we could-?"

"Astrix!" A voice called from below us. I looked down and saw Van waving his hands wildly. There was utter fear on his face and I raced down the building the way we had gone up. Within the last ten feet I missed a step and hit the concrete on my stomach.

Hands wrapped around my arm and Van dragged me to my feet. I moaned and rubbed my side.

"It's the CIA! They're here and they want you! They have Kyle, Cory, Trent, and Nile! I think Darwin led them to us!" Van said quickly. My heart skipped a beat and I ran towards the house. At the last moment I swung around and looked at Miranda, Morgan, Ashley, and Van.

"Stay here. I can't risk you guys getting hurt," I said and swung around. I didn't hear any footsteps so I ran faster.

When I got up to the house I could hear struggles from inside. There was a black truck parked outside. I took out my pistol and walked to the door slowly. Through the window I could see Parks holding Trent around the neck. Trent was struggling to breath and his face was turning colors. Before I knew what I was doing I kicked the door in and walked in with my pistol pointed at Parks.

"Drop him or I'll shoot," I said quietly. Parks glared at me and I felt hands grip around my neck from the back. I had my finger against the person's vain in their neck instantly. The person made their way in front of me, showing some sign of the pressure point and was able to keep holding me through my struggles, and slammed me into the wall repeatedly. My vision swam and an explosion of pain went through my head. I stopped struggling, stopped moving all together for that matter, and I was dropped to the floor. I hit the ground and didn't move. Every breath stung. Every movement burned. So I stayed absolutely still, breathing shallowly with my eyes barely open and my back against the wall.

"Astrix!" Nile shouted. It sent a slice of pain through my head and I moaned.

"You bitch," Nile said and went after the person who had attacked me. I looked at my attacker and a pit opened in the bottom of my stomach.

Of course it was Darwin.

-----

A/N

Oh hell no bitch. This is gonna get real interesting, real fast.