Chapter 40: Destroying And Destroyed

As soon as the gun went off there was complete chaos. Ashley and Trent had both dashed for cover as the person holding Nile shot with his gun and held Nile by the neck. Then there was complete war and I couldn't see Darwin, Kyle, or Morgan.

  I stalked past the people of the CIA to help Nile. As soon as I saw the person still holding Nile as he slowly lost consciousness from loss of air, my legs flew out from under me and I landed on my back.

  "Hey there," Gia sneered and I kicked her knee. She fell to the ground and glared at me.

  "Stay. Away. From. Me," I said through gritted teeth and Gia smiled and lunged at me. She had a knife out and was going for my face but I grabbed her hand and held it away from me with as much power as I could. She lunged again and I dodged the knife as it stabbed the ground a centimeter from where I was. I used momentum to hook my leg around her body and flip her off of me. As soon as I was free I dashed to the person that was holding Nile only to find that his hands were empty and he was in a firing war with Trent.

  I walked around carefully, making sure nobody saw me. Then I saw the body on the ground. The body with a large pool of blood around her bright blonde hair and body.

  "Morgan!" I yelled, no longer concerned of my safety. I ran towards her and slid to her. She was breathing shallowly and had a large bullet wound in her stomach.

  "Astrix?" Morgan asked and I grabbed her bloody hand.

  "It's okay," was all I could whisper. I knew she wasn't going to survive and apparently she knew that too.

  "Yeah, it's okay cause I'm going to be with Victoria now. It's okay," Morgan whispered and she stared into my eyes. A tear rolled down my cheek and there was a gunshot fairly close. Then Kyle came running towards us.

  "Astrix, we need to go," Kyle said and then saw Morgan. He dropped by her side and she looked at him.

  "You'll be okay, Morgan. Heaven is better than earth at the moment," Kyle said and Morgan's eyes brightened.

  "Please, stay alive. Stay safe," Morgan said and then her eyes closed and she breathed one last time.

  "Astrix, they're coming," Kyle said but there were tears streaming down my face and I couldn't will myself to get up.

  There was another gunshot, this time it was closer. Kyle grabbed my hand in both of his and looked in my eyes.

  "Astrix, we need to leave. We need to get back to the house. Everyone else is waiting," Kyle said and I let go of Morgan's hand.

  "Nile. We need to find Nile," I said quietly. If Nile was also dead I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

  "They have him. They caught him. We need to go," Kyle said and my heart lurched. Kyle didn't notice as I dragged my feet as he lead me back to the house.

*

*

*

*

*

  "You guys are alive!" Ashley yelled as Kyle and I entered the rendezvous house before we set out to the other house to get Van, Miranda, and Cory.

  "Where's Morgan?" Darwin asked and I looked down at my blood stained hands. Darwin understood and braced me in a hug.

  "Where's Nile?" Trent asked and I looked at Kyle, who obviously knew more about it then I did.

  "They caught him. The CIA have Nile," Kyle said and again my heart lurched. What would they do with him? Would they kill him?

  "What? What are we going to do?" Ashley asked and Darwin shook his head.

  "Nothing. We can't get him out of there without something happening. Nile's gone-,"

  I didn't know what I had done until Kyle was trying to pull me off of Darwin. I held him against the wall with a knife to his throat and cussed at him, pure rage in me.

  "We have to get him out of there!" I yelled and Darwin glared at me.

  "No, Nile's not getting out of this one," Darwin said and I pulled him back and slammed him against the wall.

  "They will torture him! We can't let him go through that!" I yelled and Trent yelled at me. Kyle had given up on trying to pull me back.

  "There is no way to infiltrate the CIA! We can't get in there and get Nile out without an issue! There are two ways to get him out! Either we fight through and die doing that or-," but Darwin didn't finish that sentence because we all knew how it would end.

  "I'm going to have to do it. I'm going to have to give myself in," I whispered. Darwin glared at me.

  "No. You can't do that," he said and I let go of him and backed up.

  "I'm not leaving Nile to die a slow and agonizing death! I've already lost Morgan! Who knows how Miranda and Van are doing. They might have gotten killed by Cory by now, I don't know! We can't lose everyone!" I yelled. I was ready to do anything at that point. I was covered in blood and mud and I felt like I was going to be sick, but I had never been so fueled in my life.

  "We need to get Van, Miranda, and Cory. Then I'm giving myself in. This ends soon," I ordered. The funny thing was, no one protested.

-----

A/N

So I just finished the last chapter of this book. There are going to be 49 chapters. Then I have to publish another story.

I just have to ask something because it's serious...

DOES ANYONE READING THIS WATCH SCORPION????

IF SO WE CAN BE BEST FRIENDS :D