SEVENTEEN - LOOK AFTER YOU

★彡 SIXTEEN 彡★

★彡 SIXTEEN 彡★

warning! heavy angst ahead.

ALONE, SO ALONE. That was the only thought that filled Freddie Mercury's mind for the two days that have passed since that night. Lying on the floor with red, swollen eyes and dried blood on his hand from recklessly punching the wall, he couldn't help but wander about how he felt like he was experiencing the stages of grief, except that he was just in a cycle of anger and depression.

He forced his eyes to look at the ticking clock on the wall as it read 11:24am. The angry numbers burned into his head, almost mocking him. Two days since that day. Two days since he has eaten properly. Two days since he was able to sleep in the comfort that Elijah loves him. Freddie's stomach turned and twisted at the thought, partly due to the self-starvation he did to himself but he couldn't bring himself to eat anything when the anxiety inside his body rippled in waves.

His whole body throbbed from the phantom pain he was feeling and heartbeat hammering at a high frequency, threatening to smother and asphyxiate him. His hand reached for something that wasn't there, an illusion of warmth and love. The clear opposite of the cold that resided in his body.

The home that was once filled with happy memories, now left a bitter tang of torment and betrayal in his mouth. Although Freddie knew he didn't have the right to feel betrayed because it was all his fault after all, so he swallowed the bile rising from his throat down. The whispers on the walls hurling insults at him seemed to increase as he desperately tried to block himself from the ghost of knives stabbing itself on his heart repeatedly.

The voices laugh harder and Freddie gives up, resigning himself to the cruel words, looking death-like due to his pale face, dark eyebags under his eyes and the broken sorrow that was glaringly visible to everyone that would see him. Good thing nobody bothers to see me huh? That's great, I'll just be a burden to them after all. He thought ironically.

He was able to ponder a lot of things the moment Elijah left, and he knew something had to be done. Even if it was at the cost of breaking his own heart.

Just as his cats surrounded him, seeming to be sensitive to what he was feeling, the sound of someone ringing the doorbell swiftly alerted him and his eyes widened, hope rushing through his whole body and he didn't even care that his limbs were aching and ignored that the whole living room was a mess from the fit of frenzy he felt yesterday.

Freddie walked briskly, Dorothy and Goliath following behind him and he opened the door frantically, a wide grin blooming on his face as he saw the person he was waiting for days. "Elijah, my darling-"

He quietened when he noticed the sorrowful expression on Elijah's face and his heart dropped to the bottom of his stomach but he kept a smile on his face while his mind was swirling with negative ideas.