1

Even though Kristen was a successful young girl, there was sometimes she couldn't do as well as she could act or dance. That was school.

One would think Kristen was the most popular student. Unfortunately, she was a loner. She didn't have any friends. Once, she had a large group of friends, who also lived in the valley. Alas, things had rapidly changed. She had preferred the company of her colleagues. Things had gone even worse when she had been admitted to Sherman Oaks Center for Enriched Studies - the most prestigious school in the area. She had completely turned into a loner. Her parents, too blinded by her success, couldn't even tell she was pretty much alone in life.

During the lunch break, Kristen was sitting all by herself on a bench and listening to music, when a group of students passed by. Among them, Kristen recognized her first boyfriend. With his usually messed up locks and charming smile, Anton Yelchin stood out, like an apple among the pears. He was about to finish his junior year of high school. She had heard he had been accepted in the University of Southern California.

Lately, however, Anton had been sporting a new look. Recently he had cut his hair and had lightened it. Kristen could swear he had started to straighten it. That saddened her. She remembered when she was dating him, she would always play with his naturally darker ringlets. She missed those days of the purity and the innocence of her first love.

 She missed those days of the purity and the innocence of her first love

When their eyes met, she smiled politely, but he didn't return it. He barely looked at her. Just because they had dated once (and they claimed they were on good terms), that didn't mean they couldn't greet each other in the hallways. Right?

Anton, instead, walked away with a few of the cheerleaders and the school mascot, trying to show off. He was one of the most respected students in the school. Why was he trying to come across as someone who thought he was better than everyone else? Kristen didn't think she would ever be able to comprehend. She knew Anton. She knew he wasn't like that. What had happened to him? Had he broken up with her because he thought she would never be popular? She could care less about popularity. It seemed it wasn't the same with Anton.

Kristen sighed and returned back to her music. She wished she had friends. She could share with them how she felt about everything. Sure, she had her teammates, but outside of dance, they were practically strangers. And most actors who had worked with her did not even attend school anymore.

At least she had passion and dedication. But would they hug her when she came back home after a long day at work? Would they wipe away her tears and congratulate her for her success?