7

The rest of the day, Anton could not concentrate on his lessons. The thoughts of Kristen and her well-being had occupied his mind. And the teachers had noticed. He had to figure out what was the matter with her, besides the rumours that were lurking around the school. He was sure something else had also upset her. He knew her. Probably better than everybody else in this school

After Music class, Anton had been asked to stay. His teacher had grown concerned. Usually, Anton would participate the most and be enthusiastic to learn new things. That day, however, he had spent the whole class being sorrowful. His classmates had tried to engage him in their activities, but he had not responded. That was unlike him.

As soon as the class ended, Anton took a seat in front of the teacher, waiting to hear what she wanted to tell him

As soon as the class ended, Anton took a seat in front of the teacher, waiting to hear what she wanted to tell him. He hoped his lack of attention during class today would not affect his final grade.

The teacher began, "Anton, can you tell me what was bothering you today? Usually, you're so active in my class."

Anton was holding back tears. He did not want such a great girl like Kristen to be hurting. But what could he do? He knew if he told his friends, they would not bother to help. What friends they were anyway? He was starting to question himself.

Anton spoke, "I was just wondering do you know what's going on with Kristen Stewart from the sophomores? Besides some things I heard about her, she visibly was deeply disconcerted about something today in class, but she wouldn't tell anyone."

The teacher raised her eyebrows. She knew who Kristen was, she was her Music teacher as well, "Kristen Stewart? Well... she is probably just being shy. She doesn't seem to be very outgoing or confident."

Anton nodded his head sadly, agreeing. He wished Kristen could see how talented she was. He remembered when they had dated on a movie set a couple of years ago, she would often worry about her performance.

Anton added that he had heard rumours about his classmate, Marley, planning to beat Kristen up after school. He sighed sadly, "I really don't know what to do, Madame. I really want to help her."

The teacher looked him straight in the eyes. "You have to tell the principal, Anton. You know our school does not tolerate bullying."

The boy agreed, having no other options. The principal, hopefully, he would do the right thing and possibly expel Marley.

Rushing, he made his way out of the classroom and was about to turn left to reach the principal's office.

"Tony!", he heard his friends calling after him. He did not want to talk to anyone at the moment, except for Kristen. All he wanted for her was to be okay. Because now she was more important anything else.

When he found the principal's office, he didn't bother to sit in the cramped waiting room. He had no time to waste. Instead, he knocked on the door and insolently entered the cabinet.

"Mr Yelchin? What are you doing here?", the principal was taken aback. Anton was one of the best students. He had never been in trouble. So why was he in his cabinet now? Either way, the principal couldn't help much. "I'm afraid I can't pay you much attention, I am very busy at the moment."

Alas, Anton did not care. He had to report the bullying. Or else, it would never stop. "I'm here to report something horrible that has been happening for the past couple of days."

The principal put away his laptop and focused all his attention on the student. Whatever it was, for sure it was more important than the work he had to finish.

And Anton told him everything - from the rumours to Kristen's behaviour. He felt so relieved, it was like a stone had fallen from his heart.

The principal was unsure what to say about the situation. He had to verify Anton's words first. So he called a few of the Juniors.

In a matter of minutes, Anton's friends, the cheerleaders and the school mascot, were standing in front of their principal, wondering what had they done wrong.

"Your classmate, he told me he has heard your classmate, Marley Johnson, to claim that she would beat up Kristen Stewart from the sophomores. Is that true? Have you heard such a thing?"

Anton's friends nodded. They had also heard things. Everybody had. Even the freshers had been discussing this at lunch.

When the principal promised to deal with the situation, that night, Anton slept better than ever. The culprits would be punished. But would that be enough to wipe away Kristen's tears forever?