3: Secrets Revealed

No. You thought, no, not now. It could ruin everything.

The twins have noticed that your behaviour around them has changed over the last week. Drastically. You aren't as talkative..rather, you're shy. They have asked you about it, and you always pass it off as "just tired". But they know that you're lying.

Today, they caught you running off with Ron, their youngest brother, and decided that they'd tag along. They followed you to Myrtle's bathroom, they thought this was odd. They stood just outside of the door, listening.

"Ron, I don't know what to do!"

"Y/N, Y/N, calm down, you'll have another panic attack."

"I can't just calm down! It's eating me alive.."

"Talk to them, Y/N."

"I tried! 17 times! The third and tenth times I had to run away because of a panic attack."

"That explains a lot..I really don't think they'd mind, Y/N."

"How could you possibly know that? I told you this the other day; we are talking about Fred and George. Master pranksters. Ron, if they found out, they'd either tease and prank me or they'd just avoid me. I don't want to lose them.."

"Why is it so impossible that they'd return your feelings?"

"Are you blind? Take a look at me, Ron. There are other girls, much prettier girls, their age. I'm a nervous wreck around them. I had a panic attack in front of them. I've never wanted to die so badly."

Fred and George exchange a concerned look.

"I don't even think one of them would want to date me, let alone both!"

"Y/N, you're overthinking this."

"No, I'm not. My "problem" has gotten worse too!"

"Oh no. Can I see?"

You pause..

"Yeah, okay.."

Ron pulls up your sleeve.

"Merlin!"

"I was supposed to t-talk to them about this.."

"Why didn't you?"

"I'm too scared.."

"Do they scare you?"

"I...don't know if that's the right way to put it. I mean, I've had nightmares about them, but I'm not scared of the twins themselves. I just have a fear of abandonment, I guess.."

"You should talk to them, Y/N. You're slowly and painfully killing yourself doing this to your arms. If Fred and George told you that you can talk to them, then you can talk to them. I told you that they aren't total gits."

"I know, I know..we should go.."

Fred and George book it to the common upon hearing that.

The rest of the day was...weird. You kept catching glimpses of the twins staring at you. Both of them. You figured they were just messing with you, but you couldn't help but blush a little.

In Transfiguration, you got a note. It was an origami owl enchanted to fly. It read,

Hey, Y/N. Meet us in the common room tonight, we want to talk to you about something.

Gred and Forge.

Okay, that's odd..but I'll meet 'em..

You left transfiguration and headed to the common room. Fred and George were already there, sitting on one of the chairs.

"Hello, love." They say.

"Um..hey? Is something wrong?"

"Not really..but we heard your conversation with Ron." Fred says.

"You- you what..?"

"Don't panic, love." George tells you.

"We just thought you'd appreciate it if we told you a secret of our own." They say.

"O-okay..?"

"We feel the same." They tell you.

You stare at them in utter disbelief, "Is this a joke..?"

"We'd never do that to you, love." George assures you.

"You both feel the way I do?"

"Yes we do." Fred answers.

"We were thinking," George starts,

"That maybe,"

"If you want to,"

"We could both be your boyfriends." They finish.

"I...yes..I would love that."

The twins hug you.

"We'd also like to see your arms, love." Fred says.

"Fucking damnit.." You mutter as you, very reluctantly, pull up your sleeves.

"Merlin's beard, what did you use??" George asks, shocked by the amount and how deep they are.

"More importantly, how did you live??" Fred asks.

"I used a knife...and I don't know.."

"What knife?" They ask.

"I stole one from Snape's classroom."

"Merlin.." They whisper.

~The Next Day~

You awoke with a start, breathing heavily and on the verge of tears. Realising that this is real life and begin to get dressed into Muggle clothes, it's the weekend. Unable to hold back your tears, you just let them flow.

"Y/N, are you okay?"

"Hermione? I thought you'd be g-gone already.."

"Well I'm not, why are you crying?"

You wipe your tears, "Nah, it's s-stupid..but I'm dating the twins now!" You say, smiling and trying to change the subject.

"Both of them? When did this happen?"

"Yesterday."

"Oh, good for you, Y/N! I'll see you in the Great Hall."

"Yeah, see ya."

Hermione left and you sat on your bed for a minute, trying to make it look like you haven't been crying. You eventually head down to the Great Hall, you're greeted by your boyfriends.

"Hey, love." They say.

"Hey Freddie, Hey Georgie."

You sit down between the twins and Hermione catches your eye, she gives you a look asking if you're okay and you nod.

"Are you gonna eat anything, love?" Fred asks.

"Yeah, yeah.." You get an apple and begin to eat it. Fred and George shoot each other a worried look, but decide not to ask you anything right now.

You all finish eating and you head to the common room and sit on one of the chairs.

"Hey love."

"Georgie? Freddie? What are you doing here?"

"You looked a bit down earlier, sweetheart.." Fred tells you.

"Nah, don't worry..it's dumb.."

"Sweetheart.." Fred starts.

"Talk to us."