4: Talk To Us

"No. It's dumb. If it was endangering, I-I would have told you something."

"We saw the look Bookworm gave you." They tell you.

"Okay?"

"Just tell us what's wrong." George begs.

"Guys. You're wasting your time." You didn't know when, but you had somehow managed to get to the exit of the common room.

"No we aren't." Fred tells you.

"We're worried." George says.

"I'm fine!" You shout at them, clearly becoming annoyed.

The twins, taken a back by your outburst, silently get up and leave the common room. Leaving you to dwell on your thoughts.

~With the Twins~

Fred and George went back to the Great Hall, annoyed.

"Fred? George?" Ron asks.

"What?" They snap.

"Don't get your knickers in a twist." Ron says, "What happened?"

"Nothing." George says, gloomily.

Ron, Harry and Hermione exchange a look. A confused one.

The rest of the day was horrible for you. The twins refused to speak to you and it started to tear you apart very quickly. Though you hid it well, Hermione could see straight through your act, giving up on finding out what was wrong when you, for 15 minutes, insisted that you were fine.

Around dinner time, you had completely vanished. Harry, Hermione, Ron and the twins looked for you. They couldn't find you. The twins panicked.

"Guys," Hermione starts, "Y/N must really want to be alone. If she doesn't want us to find her, we won't find her. Just let her come to us."

"Are you crazy? What if she hurts herself?" Fred asks.

It took a lot of convincing on Hermione's end to get the twins back to the common room. They sat up and played games for a few hours before the younger of the five decided to go to bed.

An hour passed when from outside the door they heard someone say the password. The twins payed no mind and continued playing their game.

"G-g-guys.." It was you.

The twins ignored you.

"I'm s-sorry..stop i-ignoring me, please. I-I can't take this m-much longer.."

The twins felt horrible, but refused to look at you. A choked sob was what finally got them to look at you.

There you were, cloak off, shaking, lips blue, eyes streaming with tears.

The twins, still pretending to be pissed off, asked,

"Where were you?"

"In the f-forest.."

Their façade shattered. Both of their expressions went from annoyed to concerned incredibly quickly.

"For 6 hours?!" They exclaimed, "Why??"

"P-Punishment..I'm s-sorry for a-annoying you both, I sh-shouldn't have shouted a-at you.."

The twins engulfed you in a hug.

"Oh Merlin." George says, "Y/N, you're freezing!"

"I-I know.."

Fred got his wand out and muttered "Focillo". You were warm.

"Are you ever going to talk to us, love?" Fred asks.

"I would have...but..it feels childish.."

"You had a nightmare, didn't you?" Fred says.

You, surprised, look at him, "H-how..?" The sentence trails off.

"I have my ways." He says, winking at you, earning a laugh from both his brother and you.

"Seriously, though, Y/N. It's not childish. Everyone gets nightmares." George tells you.

"Are you s-sure?"

"Yes, love." Fred assures you.

"You should got to sleep, love. You look tired." George says.

"Aren't y-you going to sleep?"

"No. We're a little busy. Prank stuff, yanno?"

You chuckle, "Okay. I'll see you t-tomorrow."

~A Couple Hours Later~

You awake with a start. Sweating and shaking, you go to the common room to see if the twins are there.

"Great idea!" Fred whispers.

They're sat at a table, writing on a piece of parchment. You question whether you should say something or just go back upstairs..you decide on the former. You want their comfort more than anything.

"Hey g-guys.."

They both whip their heads around to you.

"Y/N?" They ask.

"Uh..y-yeah.."

"Are you okay?" George asks.

"N-no...not really.."

They both get up and hug you.

"What's happened, love?" Fred asks.

"Had another nightmare?"

"Y-yeah..I...I just wanted a hug and to m-make sure you're both o-okay.."

Fred and George looked at each other and before you could say anything, Fred had lifted you up and carried you to a sofa.

"Fred? Wh-what are you doing?"

"Sh shh."

Fred and George sit down and Fred lays you across both of their laps. Both of them laugh at your bewildered expression.

"We're gonna sleep here tonight, love." Fred tells you.

"I'll assume I don't have a choice?" You say.

"Right you are." George says.

"Fine by me." You say.

After talking and joking around for an hour, the three of you fell asleep.