Chapter 16- The Distance Between Us

Harry:

I was two weeks in and trying hard not to break down. I missed them so much. I missed him so much. They hardly had time to call me let alone text me with the busy schedule management had put them on. 

According to the paps I was on a very needed vacation away from work since my great uncle past away. Supposedly I was really close to him. 

Too bad he died 13 years ago.

"Harry, stop thinking so hard you're going to get wrinkles." My mum said walking into the kitchen with a huge stack a bridal magazines in her hands. She plopped them down in front of me.

"Gem, in the kitchen." She called down the hall. My sister came in, her cheeks lightly flushed pink. She plopped down beside me and smiled at me.

"Where have you been?" I asked.

"With Tom." She said blushing even more. Our mum rolled her eyes at her and started sorting through the magazines. 

"So 2 months until this wedding, you have got to pick some flowers!" My mum said.

I groaned.

"I'm leaving." I said standing up.

"Okay, can you pick up some milk and eggs?" My mum asked.

"Sure." I grumbled.

"Thanks Baby, have fun." She said grabbing my face and looking right at me. "Stop thinking about him." She said.

I nodded and swallowed hard. I had tried to stop many times, but everything reminded me of him. Even though we were never really together I'd much rather be with him than all the way across the country.

"Have you invited the boys to the wedding yet?" Gem asked.

"I invited them before I left. I doubt they'll remember." I said.

She scoffed. "Niall wouldn't miss it for the world, besides they have a break at the end of September, they'll be here anyways." She said.

"Whatever." I mumbled and grabbed my car keys off of the counter.

I stumbled out the door and made my way to my car. Starting it up and imagining that Niall was in the seat beside me. 

I drove until I saw what was to be my new home in a few months. Holmes Chapel University. The Big HCU. Yippee.

I got to study, while the boys were out having the time of their lives without me. Great.

Life couldn't get better.

I continued on until I reached the park where I used to go as a kid. I remember the time I came here, after my first heart break. Alisa Kissler. I chuckled out loud remembering how torn up I had been. It was nothing compared to what I was going through now. I felt like I didn't even have a heart. Gem said that I had went numb, not allowing myself to feel any emotion at all. But I disagreed, because I definitely still felt something. For Niall.

I put the car in park and climbed out walking to my favorite spot. Just beneath the tallest cherry tree. I sat down and leaned against the rough bark. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I reached in and pulled it out.

Incoming call from Nialler.

My hear sped up and I answered.

"Hello."

"Hey Haz! How are you?" He asked.

"Great, I'm really great." I lied.

"That's, good. I really miss you Harry." He said.

I choked back the tears.

"When are you coming?" I asked.

"As soon as I can, I'm trying to get Simon to let us come home a week early." He said.

"Then how long are you staying?" I asked.

"Two months. Maybe? 

"And then?" I asked.

"We are going back on tour." He said.

"Oh."

"No I mean, we as in your coming with us." He said.

"No, Niall I got fired."

"Louis and I have been working on something...don't worry Haz we will fill you in, when we get there." He said.

"I've gotta go, Haz." He whispered.

"Okay, Bye. Niall, I-" I stopped. I shouldn't say that, last time I did I didn't get a response.

"See you soon." He said.

The phone went dead and somehow he had left me feeling worse than before.

I climbed back into my car and drove off to the market. I grabbed the needed items and headed back home.

"Oh Harry, good that you're home. We need you do decide on some things." Gemma said.

I groaned and put the paper bag of grocery's down on the counter.

"Gem, It's your wedding not mine." I said.

"I know, its just about your tux." She said.

"What color?" My mom asked.

"Blue." I said remembering how well blue went with Niall's eyes.

"Niall's too?" She asked. 

I nodded.

"Just make all the boys in blue." I said.

"Okay, Harry." Gemma said looking at me sympathetically. I rubbed my eyes and stalked down the hall towards my bedroom.

Niall:

We finished rehearsal and I slumped down into a chair next to Liam.

"How long do you think the fans are going to believe that Harry's on 'vacation'?" Louis asked putting finger quotes around the word vacation.

"Not long." I said hopefully.

"This is crap. We aren't One Direction without Harry. He's the one who came up with the bloody name for God's sake!"  Zayn said.

"Lou and I have got a plan though." I pointed out.

"Oh right, well I don't know if it's going to work." Zayn said contemplating the idea.

"It will, I promise." Louis said.

"Boys, I've decided to give the week off to go home to your families." Simon said walking into the room.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?" I asked standing up and throwing my arms around his neck.

"Thank you so much!!" I said.

"Under one condition." He said holding up his finger.

"Bring Harry back with you." He said.

We all cheered and the other boys joined us in a hug.

"Don't worry Si, we have a plan." I said.

"Okay, Paul has your tickets, and your families have all been relocated to Holmes Chapel for the week just so you can work with Harry and then you have the next 2 months off. But not really off. Don't do anything stupid. I'll be over in a few days." He said.

We nodded excitedly and raced back to the van. The whole ride to the house we discussed our plans to get Harry back in the band. 

I was so happy I could barely stand it.

Soon enough, I would see those beautiful green eyes again. 

vote.comment.fan.