Author's Note

And that was the end

I can't believe it.

Honestly, this book has been such a journey for me. I've learned a lot in the process of it and I believe I've really excelled during this work - and I know that I couldn't have done it without you and especially those of you who came back for every new update and spread the love every time.

If you're reading this, you've probably read the author's note at the beginning too, so you know that this story was part of the Open Novella Contest and that this was my first time uploading a story while writing it, something that made me so nervous. But I was focusing on getting better at writing and being a better writer in the sense of writing consistently instead of the schedule I used before this - write one day, forget about the project for three months, then write another chapter to forget about it soon after. And I wanted to work on my characters, for which I had great help from a lot of amazing reviewers and writers offering me feedback on this work.

But what I didn't expect was that I had fun. I had so much fun.

I got a lot of love from you guys, which I already mentioned when uploading the second chapter that your support was so unexpected and overwhelming. It made me not want to let you down, which is always a great motivation.

So I kept on writing, and it felt good. From writing 200 words a day, I went on to a little more (500) and just a little more, and eventually I was writing whole chapters every day for a consistent amount of time and sometimes even two a day--and I was never dreading the moment to grab my computer again and work on the story. I was so incredibly motivated, something that I hadn't felt in a long time.

This was right, everything about it was right. And I was enjoying writing again.

It was the greatest thing anyone could have ever given to me.

Do know that I've been writing since the age of ten. I've always loved stories, reading books at the speed of light and writing small stories in notebooks because I didn't have a computer yet. And never have I known what I know now. This has made me realize that this is something I never want to let go off. Writing is so precious, storytelling is amazing in ways that I can't put to words, but it's also a lot of hard work and for the first time, it felt worth it.

So, thank you for everyone who motivated me, pushed me through it or helped me in any way. Every little vote that said, "Keep doing what you're doing," or, "You're going great." Every comment cheering me on. I'm not sure how I can thank you, but let me just tell you that it means the world and more to me.

And without all of you, I wouldn't have gotten to the point where I am today, and it's the best thing that could've happened. So, thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

Other Books You Might Like

(these aren't mine, but if you liked All The Things We Lost, you will like these too!)

EDIT: okay, I do have another story now that you might like. I'll post it as the first book in the list, but you are more than welcome to read any of the other books too! Let's give these other books the love they deserve :) If you know of any books that are not listed but that people might like if they enjoyed All The Things We Lost, feel free to leave a comment with that book. Other readers can find those books then too, and I'll check out the suggestions too. If I enjoy them, I'll add them to the list!

 If I enjoy them, I'll add them to the list!

Kiss Me Twice by originalverbivore

As an exchange student from Scotland, a whole new world opens up to Darren Green when he moves to the United States. He'll live with a host family, start at a new school, and he'll have to make new friends. However, what won't be a part of this new life is love. Love is nothing but the attribution of physiological arousal to attraction, and it distracts him from what he should be focusing on: getting into Princeton. So, when a kiss cam forces him to kiss a stranger, and that stranger kisses him twice, he goes along, but only for the sake of exploring this new American life.

However, he can't help but get caught up in the life of this mysterious stranger named Dakota. As he navigates life in the States, he keeps finding himself close to her, going on adventures he'd never dared to dream of. However, he convinces himself it isn't love. It's just friendship -- friendship that started with a kiss.

 It's just friendship -- friendship that started with a kiss

Polaroids and Postcards by PlottingerTwist

Jason Lovett, a no-nonsense guitar-player, is leaving New York to get to a career-making gig in LA. But before he gets far, his car breaks down. Being stranded without a car or money and running short on time to get to the performance of a lifetime, he resorts to his only hope: hitchhiking. Little does he realize that he will be stuck with a strange girl with lavender-colored hair, who drives a Volkswagen Beetle & goes by the name of Della Rae...

Who knew traveling with a crazy-haired girl who has cameras, a blog, & an odd fascination with postcards could change so much?

Cross Country by LillianAugust

June's sister, April, is getting married. The lucky guy? A businessman whose cousin is Jasper King, the art maniac loner of her high school.

The hate between them is mutual, but they can't avoid one another before the wedding. That becomes impossible when the two are thrown together into an old, rundown car. Then they're forced to drive down the East coast to Florida for the wedding. Sparks fly and ignite, and what happens next will go down in road trip history.