SERIES ONE. CHPTR 5

FIVE
Jimmy and I ended up meeting about 7. My mother was already passed out. That's usually how she spent her days off. I didn't really care, she had her shit together enough to hold down a job. That's all that mattered.

"So. Tell me about your living sitch'" I asked. It was dark and it felt like we had been walking for ages towards some fast food place. Jimmy had informed me he had extra cash from working double shifts for the past month.

He looked up and towards me, his eye had healed slightly but the dim streetlights also helped hide it. "Well, you know I don't live with my mom. I've been staying there for a couple months though, my ex and I were having some problems. Found out the fuckin' bitch was cheating. Then she tried everything to keep me around" he almost spat the last part. Some people might be offended by his language but it didn't bother me.

"Shit" I mumbled "no good"
"Yeah. Had a couple flings but they didn't work out either. Now all I do is go to work, and then go back to make sure mom has got off her back long enough to buy groceries for my sister" oh. He had a sister. I didn't know.

"Jesus," I sighed, I knew how that felt. Sorta. "How olds your sister?"
"8" he smiled. "I just wish she could have a better life, you know" I opened my mouth to reply but as I did, Jimmy stopped and I looked up. We were outside some burger joint. About time.  

"In here. Come on" he smiled again. I couldn't tell what this man was ever thinking.

Dinner quickly turned into Jimmy convincing me to get drinks.

"So" we stumbled onto a park bench. Bottle each in hand. "I heard you're pretty good at rapping" I slurred. He smiled, blushing under his hoodie.
"Here. Take this fuckin' thing off" I continued. Pulling the good back. Oh god I was pat tipsy. He didn't push me away though. We sat for a moment, inches apart.

"Yeah" he pulled back. "I mean, I'm the shit. Just ask anyone down the shelter" he smirked, leaning back on the bench. "I'm only staying at moms until I can get a record deal. And yeah. I get how retarded that sounds. I've heard it" he started rambling, but I sat in the same position, watching. "Everyone reckons they're gonna get big and they're gonna leave this fuckin' shit hole but I'm telling you. One day soon I fuckin' will"

At this point I realised how much I was actually staring and sat back, looking around at the children's play equipment. These sorts of places always look super spooky at night. I'm surprised there were no homeless people tonight. Probably because you'd have to be mad to go out in this weather. It still wasn't warm enough to be camping out.

"I believe in you" I mumbled. Honestly, words were just coming out of my mouth. They had been for the past half hour and i could tell I was going to regret how open I was being.

"Thanks" he said, smiling, shuffling closer once again. "You know what Tiffany? I thought you were just like your friend. The slutty one" he looked away and back again, holding my gaze "It's not like I've never noticed you. There were quite a few times I watched you at the spot. But every mother fucker wants to start shit I didn't wanna be stepping in on someone else's territory" I sat, listening to him basically call my best friend a skank, feeling a little bit of heat rising. So he just assumes I'm someone's "territory" like someone fucking owns me? "What?!" I started.
"No -" Jimmy cut me off, now slurring his own words too. "Let me finish aight."
I raised my brows, fine.
"Then you know, I felt like I couldn't let you walk on your own. Not with those cunts getting around. Then over the past week I've caught myself looking at you and girl. You have a fine ass. I don't know what I'm saying you know but I was wrong"

His drunk rambling had me a little confused but my actions confused me further. Without thinking I grabbed his face with my bottle-free hand. Basically attacking his mouth with mine. I expected him to pull away but to my surprise he kissed back. His lips were warm and tasted like his cheap whiskey. His tongue licked at my bottom lip and I instinctively opened my mouth.

We stayed making out - sloppily - for a minute or so until I felt him put the bottle down and pull me into his lap. I was now sat there, straddling Jimmys lap. In a public park. On a winter night.

"Hey" I broke away slightly. My head spinning from a mix of alcohol and lust. I shouldn't be doing this with someone I barely know. "Should we be doing this?!"

Jimmy smirked and pulled my head back into the crook of his neck. "Nah" he whispered with his lips against my ear "we should be doing this" without warning he stood up with me still in his lap, both arms under my legs, my arms holding his shoulders with a death grip.

Jimmy walked about 10 feet like that until he laid me gently down on the children's slide at the park, resting his weight on top. Oh god. Was this about to happen