The Hot Girl Called Mommy

Started August 15th, 2011

Author Note: 

I can't upload my personal settings so here they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a girl, My favorite color is pink, I <3 Polka dots,  I don't love or hate Twilight, I luv the Percy Jackson Series, I'm 12( my B-day is in February), I don't like

Wattpad stories that involve werewolves or vampires, and i have a crappy computer :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please read my story ( that's obviously why ur here) and become a fan!

By the way:

Alissa is 17

Chase is 18

Liam is 5

EDIT: As I've stated earlier, I wrote this story when I was really young (only 12--still can't believe that myself), so THGCM is pretty rough. I'm working through it right now and slowly editing, so you all can read the best possible version. Thank you for giving this story a chance, and I hope you enjoy. [10/22/2020]

***********************************************************************************************

It was a Monday, which meant it was a school day. Yesterday, I'd said that I was going to have myself pulled together for the first day of school, but that wasn't happening any time soon. I was supposed to have meal prepped last night after dinner so I wouldn't have to make lunch this morning, but I forgot. Liam had needed a bath and then he wanted to play cars. By the time I put him to bed, it was late, and I didn't feel like making any food. Hence, the reason I was making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches now. We were definitely going to be late. 

The sound of footsteps padding behind me made me turn. I saw my brother Chase frowning at me.

 "Alissa, why are you are you making lunch in the morning? We have to go to school now," he said.

"I forgot to make lunch for us yesterday, so I have to do it now. Grab Liam, we can't just leave a five year old behind at home while we go to high school!"

He rolled his eyes and spoke sarcastically. "No, I was planning on leaving him home alone with some candles and lit matches. Why didn't you tell me you forgot to meal prep? I would've made lunch while you were getting ready this morning. I've spent the last ten minutes waiting for you in the car. We're going to be late, and it's your first day going back to high school."

I walked past him to grab the lunch boxes from where they were sitting on the top shelf. My shoulder brushed his chest as I walked past. "You're acting like this is my first day of high school. Newsflash, it's not. Just because I didn't go sophomore year doesn't mean I can't handle myself. You know I spent last year working my butt off while being homeschooled so I could work full-time at the grocery store. It's not like I forgot to study. I kept up with my grades, job, the bills, literally everything while taking care of Liam. It's why I don't have to do 10th grade over again."

You might be wondering why I had to work at Uncle Sal's Groceries full time as a sophomore in high school. Well, at the mere age of seventeen, I had to work to support my family. It's because of my asshole of a dad--and calling him an asshole is putting it lightly. The guy used to abuse my mom, brothers, and I. There was even a time where he almost raped me, but Chase stopped him and beat him up. My dad never came back home after he was threatened by my brother. Sick bastard.

We were doing okay until mom died last year in a car crash. Bless her soul. Now, we're alone. Luckily, Chase is eighteen years old. Since he qualifies as an adult, Liam and I can still live with him instead of going into foster care. Chase and I have done our best to work out how we're going to raise Liam. I took a year off to help earn money to pay off the house and school. Mom's life insurance payout made a huge difference, and I was able to get the house paid off working a few jobs. Now, I only work at Uncle Sal's part time. I decided to come back to high school for junior year instead of homeschooling. Working that hard was burning me out, and I wanted to be around people my age again. 

Chase is going to graduate this year, and I've promised to take care of Liam while he goes to college to get an education. We're going to hire a private tutor for Liam so I can stay in school instead of tutoring him myself. Hopefully, when Chase gets married, he'll be able to take Liam in and I can go to college myself. I want to go to Redford University. Once I graduate from Redford, I'll find a good-paying job and take Liam in myself again.

"I know, I know. I'm so proud of you for that. I don't know anyone else that could've worked as hard as you did and taken care of us like that. I guess I just feel bad. Here you are making lunch for all of us when I'm the older brother. The least I could do is help you make some measly lunch--"

I cut him off. "Stop talking like that! You don't need to be so harsh on yourself. I'm happy to make lunch. I'm fine, okay? Stop worrying about me." I wrapped my arms around his neck, gave him my very best puppy dog face, and kissed his rough cheek. 

"You need to shave Chase," I said, frowning at the sensation of his stubble against my lips.

Of course, my brother ignored me. Instead, he told me that if anything happened to me while I was in school I could tell him. I told him to relax--I'd be fine. Nothing was going to happen to me. Chase just tended to be a little overprotective because of my dad. Honestly, he didn't need to be.

 There was no way anyone would mess with me knowing that I was Chase's sister. Chase practically owned the school; apparently, he was the it-guy because of his good looks and athleticism. I personally didn't see what any of the girls at my high school saw in him. He was such a slob and not to mention a total player. I knew all about his disgusting reputation of sleeping with every girl he met. He was careful not to bring any of the girls over to the house, but I still heard rumors about him. It was a small town. I'm pretty sure he'd already worked his way through the cheerleading time by now. 

I couldn't resist teasing him as I thought about his womanizing ways. "So when are you planning on hooking up with Jessica Brown big bro?"

He flipped out immediately, yelling, "YOU WENT IN MY ROOM?"

I giggled, placing each of the three sandwiches in their respective lunch boxes. I threw in some juice boxes, grapes, and a cookie as well.  "Yes, you slob. I went to clean your room and saw your HOT LIST. You really shouldn't make a list of that kind of stuff you know. It's sick," I said disapprovingly. "I abhore the way you treat women. One day, your behavior is going to bite you in the butt." I think of all the ways I could ruin Chase's life by revealing the secrets of his diary hidden underneath his mattress. Why he thought that was a good hiding place was beyond me. He knew I did his laundry. Of course I would find the tiny journal when I did his sheets.

It took him a while to process what I said. Instead of getting embarrassed about what I had uncovered, he freaked out about something else entirely. "WAIT--YOU CLEANED IN MY ROOM?" He chased me up the steps, and I ran into Liam's room for cover, waking him up to get ready for school. I needed a break from all this running--I hadn't worked out or gone to the gym in at least a year, and I was severely out of shape.

When my little brother woke up and saw my face, a silly grin slipped onto his face. "MOMMY!" he yelled. Liam looked behind me and saw Chase leaning against the door frame. His eyes widened, and he yelled, "DADDY!" I chuckled at his names for us. Yes, Liam knew that we weren't his real parents and that we were in fact older his brother and sister. He called us mommy and daddy anyway. I didn't mind. I always loved it when he called me that; I was proud to be a mother figure for him. Sometimes when he called Chase daddy in front of his friends, Chase got strange looks and was embarrassed. It was hilarious. 

Admittedly, getting called mommy could be embarrassing at times. People often thought I was a teen mom and gave me disapproving glares. I didn't care though--they didn't know anything about my life.

While Chase finished freaking out about the state of his room, I picked out Liam's clothes, fed him breakfast, and sat in the passenger seat of our family car. Chase was still preoccupied worrying about what I could've seen in his room while I cleaned it. Now, it was his fault that we were running late. I had to honk a couple of times to get his attention, but after a couple minutes he ran out the front door and hopped into the driver's seat. With everyone buckled up, he took off toward school.