Trespassing

Gusu – Cloud Recesses.

"Sizhui!" Lan Jingyi called in a loud voice. "Let's go night-hunting!" he said.

"Sshh!" Lan Sizhui said. "You're breaking rules! Keep your voice low!" he told him.

"But I am bored~" Lan Jingyi said.

Lan Sizhui sighed. "Alright, alright." He said. "Let's go to Lotus Pier." He told him.

"Hm? Why?" Lan Jingyi asked.

"Ah Ling is there. And we have to ask sect leader Jiang's permission. He is Ah Ling's guardian." Lan Sizhui explained.

"Ah." Lan Jingyi said, then his face soured. "Will he permit Jin Ling though?" he asked.

Lan Sizhui grimaced. "Let's just hope so. He just said.

Yunmeng – Lotus Pier.

At noon, they reached the Lotus Pier. They saw Jin Ling playing with Fairy. "Jin Ling!" Lan Jingyi called as he and Lan Sizhui descent.

Jin Ling turned. "What are you doing here?" he asked, surprised.

"Night-hunt." Lan Jingyi answered. "We're going to stake out a village. Wanna go?" he asked.

Jin Ling immediately nodded, excited, only for his shoulder to fell. "Err..." he said and looked at the direction of Jiang Cheng's quarters.

"Ah." The two GusuLan junior disciples said, understood it. They looked at the direction, too.

"Let's just wait until sect leader Jiang isn't busy anymore." Lan Sizhui said and smiled.

"En." Jin Ling said and nodded.

"Eh...? Then what am I gonna do?" Lan Jingyi asked, complaining.

"Dunno." Jin Ling answered and turned to Fairy when the dog barked.

Lan Jingyi frowned. Lan Sizhui grimaced. "Jingyi..." he said and sighed.

Lan Jingyi just shrugged and decided to look around the Lotus Pier. Every time Lan Sizhui and him come here, they only just stood outside. Today, there're no training disciples and so he freely looked around. He became fascinated since the sect is on the ground while their sect is high up in the mountain. And so, he didn't notice he entered the Jiang Mansion as he strolled, looking at the structure of the building.

Jiang Cheng was writing when he noticed it was too quiet around. "Ah." He said. He remembered he had his disciples off today. "Where did that brat go...?" he asked, referring to Jin Ling. He felt the wind blew and his shoulders relaxed. His eyelids became heavy. After that, he put down the brush and smiled, tiredness kicking in. He closed his eyes and fell asleep.

Lan Jingyi turned and jumped when he heard a loud thud. He looked around and saw the noise came from the room at the end of the hallway. He already noticed there's nobody around, and so he freely strolled. What he didn't notice is that he'd gone deep in the mansion he realized he was lost! He can't remember the way out, and so he continued to go in hoping he'd meet somebody to help him go out. His hurried footsteps against the wooden plank with the water down below softly echoing on the empty but spacious rooms he passed by. He turned and finally reached the last room. "Excuse m-!" his words got stuck on his throat when he saw somebody lying on the table. His eyes went wide. Murder?! He thought, then frowned. No way. There's no one here. He thought as he walked inside the room. He sighed in relief when he heard a soft and low snore coming from the person. So he's sleep... ing... he thought and his pace slowed when he saw the person's face. He felt frozen on the spot. Jin Ling's scary uncle! He thought and gone pale as a cold sweat broke on his face. He subconsciously stepped back, only to bump of a vase. He felt his soul flew out of his body as he immediately held the vase to not fall. He turned and blew out air when he saw Jiang Cheng's still sleeping. Whew. Sect leader Jiang is really scary. He thought as he carefully fixed the vase. He is angry always. As to what, whom they didn't know. He sighed and shook his head, pitying Jin Ling who's always scolded by his uncle. He sat in the middle of the room in a proper manner. He will wait for Sizhui and Jin Ling to arrive. As for him... he thought and looked at Jiang Cheng who's sleeping. He grimaced. Won't he get mad at me? He thought. But, I 'accidentally' entered and got lost. Also, he was just worried something happened when he heard a noise. Yes. This isn't his fault. He shouldn't get punished. But, an image of Jiang Cheng with a dark face and glowering eyes and the whip Zidian sparking purple flashed in his mind. I... won't get punished, right? He thought and gulped. Suddenly, he could hear Lan Qiren's voice scolding him in his mind. If Lan Qiren will know... he will be doubly punished. He frowned and pouted as he looked at Jiang Cheng. Then, he looked away. It's rude to stare at someone's face while they sleep. But, if he will punish him and Lan Qiren will punish him, too... he felt his heart aching as crocodile tears went out of his eyes. I can't get punished! He thought and looked at Jiang Cheng, frowning. Sect leader Jiang... Jin Ling's uncle... don't punish me please! I knew I was wrong and shouldn't have entered your abode but I was too fascinated because of the beautiful Lotus Pier! Also, I didn't know you'd be here sleeping and I only thought an accident happened that's why I rushed... he thought, didn't continue when his gaze focused on Jiang Cheng's face. He's...handsome. He thought as he looked at the fair skin and sharp dark brows. That high and pointed nose and... he didn't dare continue to look further below. However, he scooted closer until he's a meter away from the table where Jiang Cheng is sleeping. His eyelashes... are long. He thought as he looked at the long and curly eyelashes create a shadow over the fair and smooth cheeks. He didn't notice, he leaned over to get a closer look. Doing so, his gaze lowered and finally fell on the part he intentionally missed to look at – the lips. He felt his throat went dry as his eyes were glued on the naturally red lips. I didn't know... sect leader Jiang is this handsome... he thought and closed his eyes, forcing himself to remember Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji's face. Jiang Cheng may not be exceptionally handsome like the Twin Jades, and also Wei Wuxian, but Jiang Cheng could capture women's heart on his own. The atmosphere was broken when he saw Jiang Cheng's brows knit, suddenly woken up.