Look Up

Jiang Cheng watched as Lan Jingyi carried the tray with tea. They're on the pavilion by the lake. "So, you saw your friends left the time you arrived, and so you decided to drop by to visit." He said as he crossed his arms.

Lan Jingyi grimaced. "Yes... I don't know where are they going since they seemed to be in a hurry." He explained as he poured him tea.

Jiang Cheng didn't answer as he took his tea. Lan Jingyi just stood in attention by the side. "So... what was the problem you've encountered on my turf?" Jiang Cheng asked and looked at Lan Jingyi.

Lan Jingyi almost dropped the tray in surprise. His eyes went wide. "What?! What do you mean 'problem'...?! Sect leader Jiang..." he said and immediately lowered his voice when he realized he's yelling at an elder – and a sect leader, and of a different sect at that. "I apologize." He said and lowered his head.

"For not telling me you've encountered a problem - ?"

"No! For yelling... I'm really sorry." Lan Jingyi said and lowered his head more.

Silence fell upon them. Jiang Cheng put down his cup. "Can you tell me the problem now?" he asked, knee that the second apology meant that Lan Jingyi did encounter a problem.

"... when did you found out?" Lan Jingyi asked, his voice low.

"I noticed." Jiang Cheng said, his finger sliding on the mouth of his cup. "... I confirmed when you showed up tonight." He added, then looked at the youth whose all red and not speaking. "A-Ling was worried about you. It's rare for my nephew to find real friends." He said.

Lan Jingyi closed his eyes tight. "... it's my fault, not sect leader Jiang's." he said and bit his lip when he said 'sect leader'. He fell in love with a sect leader, and his friend's uncle at that.

Silence fell upon them once again. "You heard what I've said." Jiang Cheng said. He's referring to when he said that Lan Jingyi's like Wei Wuxian.

"... yes." Lan Jingyi answered, he felt his heart was stabbed by a sword. Sect leader Jiang likes senior Wei... and for a long time. "I am aware I shouldn't hold these feelings towards sect leader Jiang..." he said. But, senior Wei is now married to Hanguang-jun. And even so, there's Zewu-jun who sect leader Jiang could like... and they are perfect together. Tears fell from his eyes as he sobbed. Just who is he, anyway, to like Jiang Cheng? And for Jiang Cheng to like? He's just a normal disciple, and more so a friend of Jiang Cheng's nephew! No matter where you look at it, Jiang Cheng liking him back is impossib-

"Look up." Jiang Cheng said.

"Huh?"

"You heard me." Jiang Cheng said, his voice gentle unlike earlier.

Lan Jingyi slowly raised his head. What he first saw through his blurry eyes because of tears are shining stars in the distance. Yet, the person's figure who's wearing purple he can see very clearly – and so he could see that person's surprisingly kind smile. Jiang Cheng's hand is raised as if he's inviting him. "Sect leader Jiang..." he called, his face red from crying. Yet, his heart beats fast as he stared at his face – that surprisingly gentle face he saw when the other was sleeping. The face he first saw – and made him fall for him. He sniffed as his eyes watered.

"I once said you're like Wei Wuxian." Jiang Cheng said as he stood up and walked towards him. "Loud, reckless..." he said, then stopped when he saw Lan Jingyi's face went red from embarrassment. "... bright... always positive to everything... you're so full of hope." He said and stopped in front of Lan Jingyi. "You're really like him." He said and frowned. He crossed his arms.

Hurt passed Lan Jingyi's eyes as he lowered his gaze. So sect leader Jiang really –

"And I liked him." Jiang Cheng said.

Lan Jingyi's shoulder fell as his heart sank. "Yes..." he said as he closed his eyes. He gives up –

"Unlike Wei Wuxian, you're deaf." Jiang Cheng said.

Eh? Lan Jingyi said and opened his eyes as he looked at him to see his frowning. He grimaced as his face went pale in fear. "I-I apologize, sect leader Jiang for being dea...f...?" he said, his voice trailed off when he realized it. Jiang Cheng says something and repeats it when he (LJY) didn't notice it.

Jiang Cheng sighed as he crossed his arms. "I should be the one who have problems... you're deaf." He said and turned to leave, only to stop when Lan Jingyi pulled his sleeve.

Lan Jingyi's face is as red as an apple. "S-sect leader Jiang..." he called, his heart is beating fast. "... you said I am like senior Wei – " he said. " – and you liked senior Wei..." he said, then raised his head to look up at Jiang Cheng whose back is on him but the tip of his ears are red. "... does that mean... y-you l-like... m-me...?" he asked.

"Who knows – " Jiang Cheng said as he pulled his sleeve. But, Lan Jingyi didn't let go of it. He sighed, then turned. He looked at the youth, his face serious but his eyes are soft. "What do you know?" he just said as he messed Lan Jingyi's hair. He didn't notice his finger touched the forehead ribbon. You trespassed my heart. He thought, but didn't voice so that he won't add to the redness of the youth's face whose now looking up at him. Lan Jingyi's grinning from ear to ear as, with trembling hands, he hugged Jiang Cheng. He buried his burning face on the other's chest. Ah... sect leader Jiang... he's surprisingly soft... he thought and hugged him tighter as his tears fell – his heart is bursting with happiness.

"Hey. My clothes will... forget it." Jiang Cheng sighed, then smiled as he let the youth cry. Unlike Wei Wuxian, he's a crybaby... he thought, now will notice the youth's difference from Wei Wuxian.

He smiled and planted a kiss on his head.

End –

(A/N: UwU sooooo fluffy!!! I remember BingQiu from these two! 😂😂😂 and so this ends... if you liked this then hope I can write another ChengYi in the future! 😊😊😊)