Like

Lanling – Koi Tower.

Lan Jingyi looked up just when the person going his way also looked up. "Ah-" they both said.

"Sect leader Jiang." Lan Jingyi greeted and respectfully bowed.

Jiang Cheng just nodded at him. Today, there's a sect leader conference that is held at the Koi Tower. Lan Jingyi doesn't know what to say and so he thanked him. "Yesterday... sect leader Jiang... thank you." He said and bowed.

Jiang Cheng just looked at him, then nodded. He walked past him and went to the door. Lan Jingyi turned and saw Lan Xichen walked towards Jiang Cheng, then the two talked. They... look good together. He thought. For some reason, he felt like his heart is being squeezed. He held his chest, feeling more hurt as he watched the scene.

"Jingyi?" it was Lan Sizhui. "What are you doing here?" he asked.

Lan Jingyi managed to move his gaze away from the two sect leaders. Fortunately, they already went inside the hall. "Nothing." He answered and stood straight. "Sect leader Jin." He called and grinned at Jin Ling.

Jin Ling's face went red and he glared at him. "Shut up!" he snapped, then glanced at Lan Sizhui who chuckled.

Today, the conference is about Jin Ling's inheritance of the sect. Jiang Cheng could talk it out with Jin Ling as his guardian and as the temporary leader of the LanlingJin sect, but called for the meeting as a formality. Jin Ling went inside, accompanied by him and Lan Sizhui. The two of them immediately parted with Jin Ling and joined Wei Wuxian, Lan Wangji and Lan Qiren on the side. "Hey, Sizhui." He called as the conference finally started when Jin Ling sat beside Jiang Cheng.

"Hm?"

"How did you confess with Jin Ling?" he asked.

He saw Lan Sizhui froze into a stone before his face went as red as an apple. Fortunately, they were trained to be proper and so Lan Sizhui didn't overreact. "W-what're you saying?" Lan Sizhui said and coughed as he looked away. "I-I still haven't co... confessed – " he said, red up to his neck.

Lan Jingyi almost laughed had not Lan Qiren shot them a look. "At least Jin Ling likes you back." He said.

Lan Sizhui was about to retort had not he notice the mood behind Lan Jingyi's words. He looked at him. "You like someone?" he asked, surprised. After all, Lan Jingyi never showed any romantic act towards anybody. This is a surprise.

However, Lan Jingyi didn't nod nor shake his head. "I don't know." He honestly answered.

Lan Sizhui fell silent. This... it's the first time Lan Jingyi was unsure of something.

"... but maybe I do."

Night.

The decision was that the position as the sect leader will be passed to Jin Ling when he reached the legal age. And so, Jiang Cheng need to train Jin Ling more while Jin Ling need to learn more. However, that night a celebration was held in honor for the upcoming sect leader of LanlingJin sect. This is the official ceremony of the sect after their previous sect leader passed away.

"Congratulations, Ah Ling." Lan Sizhui said as he approached Jin Ling.

Jin Ling's face immediately went red. "T-thanks – " he said and looked away as he sipped his drink, shy.

The other sect leaders wanted to curry favor to Jin Ling, but expecting the awkwardness of the youth Jiang Cheng and Lan Xichen blocked them and the ones talked to them.

Lan Jingyi looked at Jiang Cheng standing side by side with Lan Xichen as they deal with the other sect leaders – one frowning while one smiling. "They're perfect for each other..." he muttered.

"Hm?" the two said and turned to him.

He turned to them. "Don't you think... your uncle and our sect leader looks good together?" he asked Jin Ling.

The two turned and looked at the other two. "Yeah." They answered.

Lan Jingyi smiled, but felt a bitterness in his heart. I... seem to really have liked him. He thought and looked at the man in purple. But... "I'm going to get some fresh air." He told the two. Without waiting for their response, he went out and roamed around.

Jiang Cheng blew out air after he dealt with the last sect leader. "Sect leader Jiang, are you fine?" Lan Xichen asked, worry on his tone.

Jiang Cheng nodded. "Thanks for the help." He said and turned. He walked towards Jin Ling. "Ah Ling." He called.

"Uncle – " Jin Ling immediately said. "Uhm - " he said.

Jiang Cheng raised his hand. "It's fine now." He told him, referring to the sect leaders. "If they'd go and talk to you, you can ask help from sect leader Lan." He said and looked at Lan Xichen.

"But – " Jin Ling said.

Lan Xichen glanced at Jiang Cheng. Seeing the weariness on his face, he nodded at Jin Ling. "Young master Jin. I'll be here to help you." He told the youth and smiled to assure him.

"T-thanks, Zewu-jun..." Jin Ling said and looked at Jiang Cheng. "Uncle." He called. "Do you want to rest?" he asked, worry on his voice.

Jiang Cheng sighed and nodded. Without a word and he left. That was so tiring... he thought as he blew out air. He rubbed his nape, his head started to hurt. He felt dizzy and his eyelids are heavy. But, the night wind blowing on his face made him awake. I guess... just up to my room and I can even sleep on the floor... he thought as each step he takes felt heavy. Just up to my room –

"Sect leader Jiang?" a voice called in clear silence. The noise from the banquet can be softly heard.

Jiang Cheng stopped and turned. Sure enough, that voice is owned by a GusuLan sect disciple which is Jin Ling' friend. "You..." he said and his eyebrows knit when be felt his head hurt.

Lan Jingyi's eyes went wide and he immediately wiped his face. Damn! I didn't expect I'd see him here - ! He thought and stood up straight. And it looked like he's in a bad mood – he added when he saw Jiang Cheng's eyes are narrow. "*sniff." Ah. He thought.

Jiang Cheng looked at the disciple when he heard him sniff. His eyes are red and his cheeks are flushed. "... you're crying?" he said, surprised. No good... he thought and felt more dizzy. Even if I talk with someone, I – he thought as he held his head, his vision blurred. His figure swayed and his vision darkened.

Lan Jingyi who's closely looking at Jiang Cheng saw Jiang Cheng swayed and a second later his body fell. His eyes went wide. "Sect leader Jiang!" he called and immediately caught him just in time before Jiang Cheng could fall. He knelt on the floor as he held him better. "Sect leader Jiang –" he called and raised his other hand that's not holding Jiang Cheng. "Pardon me-" he said and bit his lips as he touched Jiang Cheng's forehead. His face went serious when he felt he's hot. Well, technically hot. He thought and shook his head.

"What're you doing?" Jiang Cheng asked, weak. He tried to move.

"Wait, sect leader Jiang – " Lan Jingyi called. He grimaced when Jiang Cheng fell again. He caught him in his arms. " – you've got a fever." He told him.

"I know that. I'm not stupid." Jiang Cheng said as he tried to sit again.

Lan Jingyi just grimaced and didn't answer. He caught Jiang Cheng again when the other fell. He sighed. "Sect leader Jiang. Please wait here. I'm gonna call our sect leader – " he said and bit his tongue when be felt that bitterness again. But, he pushed it away. This isn't time for what I feel. Sect leader Jiang's health is first. I can't call Jin Ling since he'd worry. The best to call is Zewu-jun. He thought and looked at Jiang Cheng when he saw the other's face is flushed and is panting. He's also heavily sweating. If Zewu-jun would see sect leader Jiang like this... I wonder what would he feel...? He thought as pain stabbed his heart. He raised his hand and touched Jiang Cheng's forehead. So smooth... he thought as he ran his finger on Jiang Cheng's forehead.

Sect leader Jiang... please forgive me. I can't hand you to him.

(A/N: aaaaaaaaa!!! I'm conflicted. Why?! I am a XiCheng fan too! But! 😳😳😳)

P.S.: See you next chap! 😊😊😊 -> Selfish