THREE - They Saw Me *Lucy*

Hey guys! Exciting new, BOUND TO YOU will be downpriced across all online retailers during the month of October and it was selected as a Kindle Monthly Deal. Whoowhoo! Perfect as fall is the best time to catch up on some reading. So grab your favorite e-reader, some hot chocolate and snuggle up and enjoy a great read!

___

"It was just a dream," Tommy told her for the hundredth time. "Okay? There are no wraiths here. And we're the only monsters." The last was said with a smile, but she didn't feel like smiling.

"They saw me," she told him. He didn't understand. She couldn't make him understand. She didn't have the right words. "Me saw them, I saw them. They had wrong skin, zmeya kozha, not soft."

"It's alright," he said again. "It was just a dream. Nothing will hurt you."

He hugged her then, and she almost believed him.

But she knew they were coming.

She wasn't sure how but she did. Her mother had said to keep quiet. That they would hear her if she even said a word. Back when she had been another girl, she would never have doubted her mother's word. Her mother knew about magic.

Not like James knew. He only knew what he remembered through his fear. Not like Robin knew, who had only seen the after effects. Not like Tommy knew, for he knew nothing at all.

She wondered how they could all be so old, yet so unwise. They hunted magic creatures, were magic creatures, let magical bonds control them, yet they didn't understand magic.

Lucy's family had known magic, her pack too. Before the vědma came and killed them all.

Witches didn't like when wolves knew their secrets. They guarded them. The White Witch most of all. So when she'd realized they, them, knew...that had been the end.

Lucy hadn't been born yet then. When they left. She hadn't known a life before the running and fear. She born to it. Later when Lucy was older, it had been her mother's choice to come north, to a place where there were more wraiths than even back home.

Where the were monsters, other monsters won't go. And there were those who hunted all monsters. That was all she'd said. In the end, her mother's plan had worked.

The wraiths had killed the witches. Grown strong from their magic. But they had killed her mother too, before Tommy had come to save Lucy. It was always how she remembered it, even if the others had been there too. Tommy was the one who had saved her from the wraiths.

She hoped he could save her this time too. But as she hoped, there was terror in her heart, for she feared he, just like mother, would die trying.

"They had claws," she told him, as she held onto tight him. She suddenly wondered what that meant.

Witches didn't have claws.

.

.

.

A/N: Just a mini-chapter, I might post these shorter chapters, sometimes, at the start of the week. Else I'm going to try to update a slightly longer chapter every Friday! But hope you enjoyed this little tease from Lucy's POV of things to come.