Chapter 15 - The chance

Draco's POV

"Oh, I am sorry. I spoiled the surprise. Ms. Owens wanted to make a surprise. I thought she had told you. Sorry." She gave me an apologetic look.

"Umm... She had definitely made a surprise." I murmured. "I...umm....Excuse me, I have to leave." I said and rushed towards the car and got in my car.

Flashbacks

She took a deep breath and mumbled. "Draco, I..."

"I hope you didn't pretend." I stated dryly, cutting her off.

"What?!" She exclaimed, stunned, looking at me with wide eyes.

I frowned and took a step towards her.

"Listen to me, Mira." I said firmly, plunging my piercing eyes into hers. "Don't try to do anything stupid. What had happened between us that night was a big mistake. And no one will ever know about it. No one!" She pursed her lips together as tears shimmered in her eyes. "We will not be together. Nothing will change it. You are just my sister-in-law nothing more." I stated in a cold stone voice. She looked away, trying to hold her tears. "Get it?" I added sternly.

She clenched her fist. "Yes." She murmured.

"Perfect." I exclaimed and left the room. I slammed the door behind me.

****

Shit! Shit! What have I done? How could I think that she was pretending?! She is my innocent Mira. My Mira.

Fuck you, Draco!

I parked the car in front of her mansion and got out of the car. I rushed towards the door. I knocked on the door.

The housekeeper opened the door and greeted me.

"Is Mira home? Could you inform her that Draco wants to see her?" I asked.

"No one is home, Mr. Matthews. Ms. Owens left twenty minutes ago." She replied.

I frowned, annoyed.

Of course, she doesn't want to see you after your bullshit. Because of that, she warned the housekeeper to tell me that she wasn't home.

"Mira!" I screamed and walked in.

"Sir, please. Ms. Owens isn't home." The housekeeper pleaded, trying to stop me.

"Mira!" I shouted and rushed upstairs, avoiding the housekeeper.

I opened her bedroom and walked in. She wasn't here.

Shit!

I breathed deeply, running my hand through my hair.

Suddenly, I noticed a note on the vanity table. I approached it and grabbed the note. There was a hospital address and doctor's number on it.

"Dr. Martinez?" I mumbled under my breath.

Damn it! No! Don't do what I think. Please, Mira, don't do it.

I grabbed the note and rushed downstairs as I grabbed my phone. I got in my car, calling Mira. But her phone was turned off.

I called her again and again, hoping she would turn on the phone, but she hadn't still turned on her phone

"Fuck!" I cursed and hit the steering wheel.

Mira's POV

The nurse helped me to get ready. Then I lay down. I pursed my lips, trying to hold my tears. There was a tight knot formed in my throat. It felt like I couldn't breathe. My hands were cold.

Calm down, Mira. You know you have to do it.

A few minutes later, the doctor walked in. She asked something from the nurse. Then she approached me.

"Are you ready?" She asked.

"I..." Without managing to answer, I started crying hysterically.

Suddenly, I heard voices coming outside and the door opened. Draco rushed inside in panic.

"I can't. I can't." I shook my head, crying.

He approached me in quick steps, giving me a tender look and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back, burying my head into the crook of his neck, gripping his shirt.

"I can't." I sobbed.

"How could you even think about it?" He asked, stroking my hair gently. He pulled back and held my head between his hands as tears ran down his cheeks. "Come on. We are leaving." He said firmly and helped me to get up.

He grabbed my hand as he headed us towards the exit in quick steps. Once we approached his car, he released my hand.

"Why did you want to do it to our baby?" He asked, plunging his piercing eyes into mine. "Why didn't you tell me that you are pregnant?"

"I didn't have another choice. How could I tell everyone that I confused my fiance with his brother, and I got pregnant with my brother-in-law's baby." I confessed. My eyes welled up. "And you, how could I tell you that I am pregnant? Especially....when I know that you regret what has happened between us. I see it in your eyes, Draco. When you told me that I pretended..." I started crying without managing to finish my sentence.

"Hey, don't cry." He said and wrapped his arms around my shoulder, pulling me into his chest.

"Don't think about it again. And I never regretted it. I am sorry for my words. It was bullshit. I was drunk, and seeing you with David made me mad. I was blind with jealousy, but I knew that I should keep you away from me. I was overwhelmed. I couldn't think properly. So I said....those words. But believe me if there was a chance to go back in the past, I wouldn't change anything. I love you, Mira." He said honestly as he pulled back slightly, cupping my cheek.

"Draco." I mumbled, smiling happily and hugged him tightly. "I love you too."

A few seconds later, he pulled back and bent down in front of me. He placed his hand on my stomach and kissed my belly. I looked at him, smiling and stroked his hair. Then we went to his penthouse.

I was laying on his bed. I felt exhausted.

A few seconds later, Draco walked in, holding a tray in his hands.

"I don't want to eat anything." I protested.

"No, Miss. You will eat. Moreover, I will feed you with my hands." He winked at me and sat down beside me on the bed.

I wiped my mouth with the napkin as I finished eating.

"Thank you. It was delicious." I said, giving him a bright smile.

"You are welcome." He placed a chaste kiss on my lips.

He placed the tray on the bedside table and lay down beside me on the bed. He placed a soft kiss on my forehead as he lifted my blouse up. He rested his hand on my stomach and started stroking my belly gently, smiling.