Chapter 21 - The scandalous heir

Draco's POV

"I will leave you alone." Mira said as she stood up. "I will lie down. I am tired." She added, looking at me.

"Are you okay?" I asked anxiously.

"Yes. Don't worry. I am just tired." She replied, giving me a reassuring smile. Then she turned towards David and said. "See you later, David." She gave him a warm smile.

"Good night, Mira." David said with a smile.

As she disappeared from my view, I turned towards David.

"How is she?" David asked, concerned.

"Sad." I responded, running my hand through my hair. "I am worried about her. Stress is bad for her in her state." I said, rubbing the back of my neck. "Dad really crossed the line. He told awful things to her. Mira didn't deserve those words. It wasn't her fault." I confirmed, clenching my fist.

"I know. I wanted to explain to Dad what had happened, but he didn't want to listen to me." He paused and took a deep breath. "Yesterday, I heard my father's conversation with her father. Don't tell her, but he is still angry at her and...he told my father that he didn't want to see her face again." He informed, giving me an apologetic look.

I sighed, looking away.

"Well, I have to leave." David said as he looked at his wristwatch and stood up. I nodded and accompanied him to the elevator.

David stopped in front of the elevator and pulled something out of his pocket. He handed me some money.

"I don't want to. Thank you. I started working. We don't need anything. I will take care of Mira and my baby." I stated.

He gave me a proud smile.

"Mira really changed you for the better. I am proud of you, Draco." He said honestly and hugged me.

I hugged him back. He tapped my back and pulled back. He grabbed my hand and placed the money on my palm.

"But I am older than you." He winked at me.

"Just twenty seconds." I reminded, smirking.

"Yeah." He rolled his eyes. "So you will listen to me and take the money." He demanded firmly.

"Dav..."

"No, Draco! Listen to me once. Mira is pregnant. You will need money. Don't be stubborn and take it. Don't worry. It is between us." He said firmly.

"Thank you." I nodded and gave him a slight smile.

"And if you need something, call me. Ok?" He stated.

I nodded and hugged him. He hugged me back.

"Thank you, David."

As David left, I grabbed the travel bag that he had brought. I asked him to bring some of my clothes. I didn't take anything with me when I left the mansion. I went to the bedroom.

When I walked into the bedroom, Mira was sleeping peacefully. I smiled and took off my clothes. I put on my sweatpants and lay down beside her on the bed.

I wrapped my arm around her waist from behind and buried my head into her hair, breathing in her scent. She placed her hand on top of mine on her stomach, smiling and turned her head towards me.

"Weren't you sleeping?" I asked and placed a soft kiss on her lips.

"No, I was waiting for you." She admitted, giving me a smile.

"I love you, my Mira." I confessed honestly.

"I love you too, Draco." She admitted, stroking my cheek with her free hand.

I leaned my cheek against hers and pressed her against my chest. We fell asleep, cuddling.

I rubbed my eyes and opened them, yawning. I smiled, looking at my beautiful Mira sleeping in my arms. I placed a soft kiss on her lips and got up carefully without waking her up. Then I went to take a shower.

When I came back to the bedroom, Mira was awake.

"Morning." She greeted me happily.

"Morning, angel." I said and approached her.

I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her closer to me and brushed my lips against her red soft lips. She wrapped her arms around my neck as she responded to my kiss. I traveled my hand from her waist to her hips and down. She moaned as I squeezed her butt, pressing my member against her stomach.

Suddenly, my phone rang.

"Fuck!" I cursed under my breath and pulled back.

I walked towards the bedside table and grabbed my phone. It was Milan.

"Yes?"

"Did you see the news?" Milan asked.

"No. What happened?" I asked, intrigued and ran my hand through my hair.

Mira gave me a questioning look. I shrugged my shoulders.

"You are in magazines. There is a fuss about you and Mira on the Internet." Milan responded.

"Damn it!" I hissed, closing my eyes. Mira looked at me, worried. "Milan, I will call you later."

As soon as I hung up the phone, I tapped my name on my phone, searching for the news about us on the Internet.

"What happened?" Mira asked, worried as she approached me.

"Fuck!" I cursed, running my hand through my hair as I saw the article about me.

The scandalous heir in trouble again

The incorrigible player and one of the heirs of Matthews Enterprises Holdings Inc., Draco Matthews got himself into trouble again. The scandalous heir has an affair with his brother's fiancée, Mira Owens. Moreover, the beautiful heiress is pregnant with his child.

As soon as his brother, David Matthews found out about this scandal, he broke up with Mira Owens.

"Draco? You are scaring me. What happened? Tell me." Mira said anxiously.

I sighed and handed her my phone.

As she read the article, her face got paler and paler.

I caught her instantly as her head spun.

"Mira, sit down." I helped her sit down on the bed.

I bent down in front of her and placed my hands on her thighs, moving them up and down her thighs.

"Please, don't stress yourself. Don't make me burn those paparazzi alive." I stated firmly.

"Draco." She gave me a slight smile. I gave her a serious look. "Don't tell me you are serious?" She asked, trying to understand if I was serious or not.

"Mira, I will do everything to protect you and our baby." I replied in a serious tone.

She placed her hand on my cheek and stroked it, looking at me affectionately. I closed my eyes, enjoying her touch.

Suddenly, my phone rang. I frowned and grabbed my phone. I looked at it. It was David.

"It is David. I have to pick up." I said and straightened. She nodded.

"Yes?"

"Did you see the magazines?" He asked.

"Yes." I breathed deeply. "Umm...Did Dad see it?" I asked.

"Unfortunately. His phone hasn't stopped ringing. He has snapped at almost everyone since he saw it. He is like powder kegs." David replied.

I breathed deeply. I didn't get surprised. I had already guessed it.