Chapter Three: The Penhallows

Alec explored what was in the house and he had to admit, it was huge but beautiful. As he kept on wandering around, Alec had bumped into Helen again. They chatted away while Helen was finishing her chores.

"You have five siblings?" Alec asked.

"Yes and I'm eldest of them all," Helen replied.

"Wow, I only have two siblings."

"What are their names?"

"There's my adoptive brother, Jace, my sister, Isabelle but we call her Izzy."

"Nice."

"I used to have a little brother named Max but he had a really bad fever and soon that fever took him away..."

"Oh, I'm so sorry," Helen said, her hands were now over her mouth.

"Yeah, it was hard to get to used to, especially since he had a lively personality and a little bit of a trouble maker."

Helen removed her hands from her mouth and spoke: "If it helps, I lost my little sibling too. Her name was Livia."

"I am so sorry," Alec said.

"We lost her just like how you lost your brother, she was still young when she died. Her life ended so quickly. After that, I think my family started to fall apart. My parents were constantly fighting, I'm guessing because of their grief, and the rest of the children were always crying. My brother, Mark, who is the second oldest after me, always looked after them. I had to take on this job so I could keep food on the table and meet the bills for our home."

"Helen, I am so sorry, it must be hard to live like this."

"It isn't easy but I love my family and I'm willing to go through all the pain if it means they'll be happy and safe."

"Me too."

"But they care about your happiness, yours don't. Honestly, Alec, just leave and don't look back."

Alec could trust with Helen with Magnus and his affair, right?

Magnus walked out of Ragnor's house to meet up with Jia. As long as he remembered the directions to where Jia's place is then this could work out. He was heading onto Mowbray Park where Jia comes to because of how peaceful it is. He was looking around the massive trees but she was nowhere to be found. Magnus then sat down on a bench to rest his legs and at that moment, a woman with long hair and brown eyes.

"Jia?"

"Magnus, it's been a while since we've last seen each other."

"It has."

"What brings you to London? Is everything alright?"

"I need your help."

Jia took a deep breath and said: "What is it?"

"I need your help in breaking my boyfriend out of his dumb fiancee's house and bring him to me."

"Well, that's one request."

Magnus filled up on Jia how this was going to go and she was impressed by how this was thoroughly planned.

"As much as I love this plan, I don't understand why you need me for this?"

"While I have Underhill distracted, I need you to get Alec out of here and to take him to Ragnor's place until I get back to him."

"Tonight?"

"Yes, tonight."

"I wish I could go but I can't, it's Patrick and I's anniversary and I don't want to miss out."

Magnus paused but continued: "Of course, I understand."

"But I know someone who can help you."

"Who?"

"My daughter, Aline, if there is anyone who loves to carry out a request, it's her."

"Guess it runs in the family?"

"With Aline, it's more than enough proof that it does. I'll make sure to tell her everything there is to know and to do it the Penhallow way."

"Xiexie Jia."

"Sama-sama Magnus."

"You must be really sneaky about this, Alec

"You must be really sneaky about this, Alec. I'm surprised that Underhill hasn't noticed anything."

"And we both want it that way."

"Don't worry, I won't say a word about anything."

"Thank you, Helen, it means a lot."

"Hey, us people need to stick together."

"Right."

Time had passed and it was soon night time. Not that Alec was worried about Underhill coming home late because he always spends forever in a bar. When he was about to go to sleep, he heard the balcony doors open. Alec looked up and saw a girl with brown hair, brown eyes, and she was dressed in black.

"W-Who are you?"

"My name is Aline Penhallow, I'm here to take you to Ragnor Fell's house so you can meet up with your boyfriend, Magnus."

Helen then entered the room.

"Alec, who is that in there?"

Helen was now looking at Aline and her mouth was wide open.

"Aline?"

"Helen?"

"You two know each other?" Alec cut in.

"We're dating," They both said in unison.

"Aline, what are you doing here?"

"Rescuing Alec and I have to get him out of here now, I don't know how long Magnus can keep Underhill distracted. Do you want to come with?"

"Are you sure?"

"I'll take that a yes, now come on."

"Out the window?" Alec asked.

"I have rope to hold on here, just whatever you do, don't panic."