Chapter Five: The Meeting Point

Helen and Aline were already down at the sidewalk and all was left was for Alec to come down. Alec had never thought that he would have to climb down or up on anything.

"Alec, come on, we don't have time for this," Aline said.

"I'm coming."

Alec took a deep breath and grabbed onto the rope. Both of his legs were still on the windowsill.

"Alec, just slide down!"

When Aline yelled, Alec's legs slipped and started to fall down. Panicked thoughts were rushing through his mind as he kept falling. Then at the perfect time, he felt someone's arms catch him. Alec had his eyes closed so he couldn't see who it was.

"Open your eyes, Alexander, I want to see them."

Magnus.

Alec opened them and indeed saw Magnus in a white shirt with a black vest and tie. Magnus set Alec on his feet and the two kissed passionately. When they ended, Alec was taking every second to catch his breath.

"By the angel, I love you so much," Alec declared.

"I love you too," Magnus said then continued: "Why don't you say we get out of here?"

"Yeah."

Helen, Aline, Magnus, and Alec started walking down the street and that's when a gunshot was heard. Everyone got down and tried to take cover.

"No one is going anywhere," Underhill proclaimed.

Alec's heart started beating fast, Underhill was here and now he and Magnus were going to be ruined.

Another gunshot went off but it came from Aline.

"You guys get out of here, I'll fight this bastard off."

"You went through so much just to get Alec to you, didn't you Magnus?"

"No, don't hurt her," Alec yelled.

"Please!" Helen shrieked.

Aline shot Underhill in the knee and that's when he fell down. Aline walked up to his body and stepped on his arm.

Everyone went closer to see what was happening.

"You're going to turn yourself in and confess to your crimes."

"And if I don't?"

"I could just bomb your house and make your life a living hell."

"I'm not threatened by you-"

"VALENTINE IS HERE!"

Alec wondered who was that.

Then a man came up in a trench coat and a beanie yelling at the top of his lungs. Underhill was on his side to see the man. He looked very terrified.

"VALENTINE IS LOOKING FOR A MAN NAMED UNDERHILL! IF THIS MAN DOESN'T TURN HIMSELF THEN WE WILL ALL DIE!"

"No..." Underhill said

"I think you should listen to him," Aline retorted.

After a while, Underhill got up and was now on his knees.

"Fine, you win."

"Wise choice."