Beyond Secrets

30/01/1998

"_an ancient promise_"

•••

The large sky was now bright blue, accompanied with extremely white clouds. Making it seem as though, it wasn't the grey sky from the night before. Even with the absence of the twinkling stars and bright moon, the sunlight was more than enough to lighten up the entire universe.

The day's weather was a unique one. The large sun was light orange, giving out soothing warmth instead of appearing bright yellow with a boiling heat.

With the fresh morning breeze carrying the sweet scents of rain and nature, one could feel the utmost happiness the atmosphere emits. Different perfumes lingered in the air as more people rushed into the extra large courtyard.

The whites and the blacks, the rich and the poor, the old and the young, all dressed in their favorite attires. Different people of different cultures swarmed into the courtyard with the most brightest of smiles.

Their happiness couldn't be hidden as their faces and body language freely depict it. The atmosphere remained sliver, with the positivity they emit.

They say silence is golden, but right now the noise was far more than diamond.

After exchanging hearty pleasantries, the courtyard had turned mute only the loud congregation could be heard. Two units of prayer and a short congregation later, the population congratulated each other. And exchanged a lot of pleasantries.

Children laughed and played with each other, unable to conceal their utmost happiness as they received more gifts by different people.

It was the long awaited Eid day!

Even the wind was aware as it sang a beautiful melody, sending peace to troubled souls. From the corner of the large field, a girl could be seen playing with a gold bracelet. A beautiful smile adorning her small face.

Her smile suddenly faltered upon seeing a taller girl stood before her with her minion. Their mischievous smiles widened as they snatched away the bracelet and walked away with mocking laughs.

The girl slid down to the floor with tear stricken face, clasping her hand over her mouth to muffle her cries. Watching her tears form a mini river. Rising to her feet, she spotted a familiar white cladded figure, turning his back to her.

A small giggle escaped her little mouth as she tiptoed and stood behind him. She ever so slowly covered his eyes with her thin arms. A huge grin, crept up her lips. Long gone was her tears, feeling her insides flutter with happiness.

"Madinah? Why are your arms so thin?" His young and calm voice questioned, placing a hand atop hers. She giggled and maintained her position until he spoke again. "Madinah?"

Slightly frowning, the little girl pulled her arms away in confusion, wondering why on Earth his voice sounded different. A loud gasp escaped her tiny lips and had her stepping backwards seeing the boy turned to face her.

He was the perfect definition of beauty. With his high cheekbones and tanned olive skin. Dressed in white, his dark charcoal eyes and midnight hair stood out the most, causing her to blink rapidly.